Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Try using WiFi and see how that helps.. i personally use wifi when i'm on Installer.app

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
what happends if you install more applications then there is space for? does it make folders?
By default it won't scroll and you won't be able to access the applications that are located off the screen. So you either need to install the Summerboard application that will modify the home screen to make it scrollable and theme-able or install a launcher application that is basically just an applications type folder.

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
By default it won't scroll and you won't be able to access the applications that are located off the screen. So you either need to install the Summerboard application that will modify the home screen to make it scrollable and theme-able or install a launcher application that is basically just an applications type folder.

thanks a lot... don't know why i took to long to use installer.app- it's so easy

odedia

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
It still feels quite buggy to me... I tried connecting to MSN and it got stuck.

But it sure looks promising ;)

mitsu3kgtsl

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2006
so guys... from a purely technical standpoint, UI aside, which is the better of the two clients? I feel both MobileChat and Apollo IM are both usable, but would like to settle on whichever one is better currently.

Any thoughts (with reasonable explanations why) ?

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
mobile chat scrolls randomly to the top of every message... its horrible until that bug gets fixed.

I still cant wait to see where BOTH of them go.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
I'm sticking with mobilechat. They both have features that the other doesn't so they're about equal. Apollo lacks some of the features I want, and MC has them.
MobileChat needs to have the scrolling fixed and be able to send the message via the return button instead of having to press send.

mlivebc

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2007
Can you type in landscape either in MobileChat or Apollo? If not, then that should be a top priority on their next update.

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
yea there going to be Announcement made for MobileChat later today!!!! stay tune... or visit.. talk.twenty08.com/ for the info!!

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
oh well, too bad im not hacking my iphone anymore, its just not worth of to me, but its nice that they are making headway on this program. I hope apple introduces there own IM client for the iPhone. Until then I will just wait and use all the Internet apps. For this that there are.

Marcjcd

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2007
Can't seem to log on. Keeps crashing and going back to the springboard. Anyone else have this problem?

Same thing here... when it tries to log into my aol account it just goes back to the iphone start screen.... any ideas?

bdj21ya

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
So, it's great to have .mac support. Congrats to the Apollo developers for being the first. The UI could use a lot of work. My main problem is that the field where you type stuff doesn't expand when you type more than one line (not a hard thing to have caught or to fix, so hopefully they'll fix it soon).

ddma

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2004
have been testing it all day. It's a really cool app and I can see the future of it. However it is still in develop stage and is not good enough for everyday use. It hanged my iphone twice and it auto quit many times already. And most importantly, it doesn't support Chinese yet!

But I believe that it will get better and better overtime.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.