Apologies to Zagg

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Aries326, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Aries326 macrumors 6502

First off, I'd like to apologize to Zagg, whose iPhone 4 Invisishield I have assailed on these forums as being too thick and with an orange peel appearance.

While at work, I place my iPhone 4 in my Incase SnapCase. It's been in the SnapCase for about a week straight now. This evening, since I had some time to kill at work, I removed my iPhone 4 from my SnapCase. Miraculously, the Invisishield was perfectly clear! There was no orange peeling appearance, there were no bubbles under the film. I really can't tell that the film is even on there.

On the surface of my SnapCase is sticky residue that came from the Invisishield. I've had a difficult time trying to get the residue off. Nevertheless, the Zagg Invisihield now looks clear and I must say it is much more scratch resistant than the SGP Oleophobic that I have on the front.

EDIT:
    Turns out the film was stuck to the inside of my case. Original opinion of Zagg stands. Don't buy it. Has too much residue and it is too thick. It is not clear at all.

2. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

3. iLLBehavior macrumors newbie

lol If i was you I would just erase my whole post. Embarrassing.

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Wait I don't get the post. Can you elaborate with the edit.

Marc

5. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

Haha you thought that the zagg was still on your phone when it actually came off in your case and was stuck to the case?? Hahahaha

6. cano24 macrumors newbie

lol. thats for sure. cano24:apple:

7. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I actually laughed out loud. But kudos for admitting the mistake. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have.

And hey, Cano24, as Moyank24 I feel I should say Hi...though my 24 is from back when Tino wore it. But I'm glad Robby has the number. My jerseys are no longer irrelevant!

8. cano24 macrumors newbie

Hey moyank24. Tino was a great first basemen . But cano is my boy. He is so beast. Gold glove on the way for him this year. I just wish they would quit losing this close to the playoffs. cano24:apple:

9. Orion126 macrumors regular

10. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Not a bad product for better protection other screen protectors.

Marc

11. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Gold Glove, and he should be in top 5 of MVP voting this year. Let's hope they finish strong against the Sox this weekend!

And another Yankees fan in Texas. Nice!

12. triptyx macrumors member

triptyx

Zagg = incredible waste of money.

The film's side facing the user grips the finger, making it difficult to use multi-touch, amazing amount of orange peeling, and it retains oils, etc. making it even stickier.

I had a Power Support crystal film for my 3G that I had bought at the Apple store almost two years ago. I really enjoyed that film, it was protective, looked great - nice and flat and clear, polished up easily with a shirt to get the finger oils off of it (I actually have to use sunglasses cleaning solution to get the ZAGG film cleaned up and de-stickied), and felt awesome on the finger - once my budget allows I'm going to get a new Power Support film for my iP4 to replace this Zagg crap.

13. cano24 macrumors newbie

He's my vote for MVP. And yeah lets hope they do a little better this time against the Sox than last weekend. my cuzzin lives in the Houston area and he played AA/ball for the Yankees, then stopped playing to spend more time with his wife, lol. He actually roomed with Brett Gardner. They said he was just as fast as him too. He would have most likly came up the next year because thats when the Yanks had all those injurys in the outfield. cano24:apple:

14. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I felt the same, I want the power support anti glare, for now though I have the Ghost armour which isn't bad. Just wish it was matte like the power support.

15. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

16. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

So what your saying is that you think having no shield on the back was more scratch resistant than having a shield :D. Why even use any skin or shield if you actually thought is was more scratch resistant without it? The whole post is a lesson in embarrassment.

17. missygal Guest

missygal

Yes I cannot stand Zagg! Its so rubberry and sticky! My husband still has his on since he bought phone...a year now. I'm thinking of kidnapping it and putting on something better!:eek:

18. sm0 macrumors regular

zagg is still overpriced rubbish.
    much beter alternatives out there

19. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

His wife must be AMAZING!! LOL But that's totally cool!

20. james92se macrumors 6502a

My friend paid some outrageous price for the Zagg at Best Buy. I've gotta say it feels and looks like absolute garbage. Why anybody would put that on an iPhone is beyond me.

I truly believe people who claim to like it are in denial and don't want to admit they overpaid for a piece of junk.

21. Bisz macrumors regular

I wish SGP or PS would come out with undersized protectors so I could get rid of the ZAGG I have on right now, but alas, this is the only thing that works with the Incase Slider.

22. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I paid $15 with my USPS employee discount. I wouldn't pay $30 for it.

Marc