Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
ahah This is the most brilliant way of choosing ever!
Like it :)

Wouldn't eliminate 2do - it actually is very powerful - only thing missing is a Desktop app which is imminent. Omnifocus over Things for me if you're deciding between the two.

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
And now that Pocket Informant has been updated for the new iPhone 5, I'm loving it. I think I'll start using it more and more. Also, I love Any To Do which I am patiently waiting to get released with an update.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
I use OmniFocus for 'complex' stuff / long term projects, and SmallTask (very clean and simple with excellent sync) for the 'small' to do lists. They complement each other well for my purposes.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
OmniFocus would be your best bet. It is great for setting up projects!
My advice is to watch the videos on the Omni website. Also, I believe, they offer a 30 day free trial on their website.

OmniFocus is my primary to do list application and I have tried 2Do, ToDo, Pocket Informant, Toodledo, and I looked at Reminders. It's a shame that it took apple to finally have a todo application on the iPhone, but at the same time it did give me the chance to try out many of the others.

Before I got the iPhone I had Pocket Informant on the Windows Phone platform and loved it. Love it on the iPhone as well, but it doesn't sync tasks with the Mac.

ToDo is a really nice App and I like many of it's features, especially the list feature, but the sync is extremely slow and very erratic. If I mark items complete on the Mac they don't sync to the iPhone and iPad, yet they sync perfectly fine when I mark them complete on the iPhone or iPad.

Toodledo is a web based service that is free for it's basic features and has really good iPhone and iPad apps. It will also work well with ToDo and Pocket Informant but there is a charge for it's advanced features. The fact that it is web based means you can actually access your task list from any computer, but after using the service a few years before settling on OmniFocus there were times when my task list was corrupted.

OmniFocus is the only one that syncs seamlessly. I wouldn't say the sync is slow, it could certainly be faster, but compared to what I have experienced with ToDo and even Toodledo the OmniFocus App is the best and fastest. OmniFocus also has a safari plug in where you can send/create task items directly from Safari.

I currently have Pocket informant on my iphone. But there is no mac app. Do you think that if I bought 2do, it would replace pocket informant? 2do would work on my phone AND mac.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I currently have Pocket informant on my iphone. But there is no mac app. Do you think that if I bought 2do, it would replace pocket informant? 2do would work on my phone AND mac.

I've used Pocket Informant several times on a number of platforms and have it on my iPad and iPhone. I like the way the app has matured over time and I really love that it also lets me use the Franklin Covey method rather than GTD. According to the Pocket Informant website, a Mac app is in the works and you there is a web based app that is currently in beta.

As for 2Do, it's a great Mac App and works very well with the iPhone and iPad apps. Syncing can be a little slow though.

Peter78

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
I use ATracker to track my activities during the day. I like the possibility to add icons for tasks and good analysis tool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.