App Store $100 Gift card...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Swisha31, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Swisha31 macrumors newbie

For those of you that got your MBP recently(past couple of weeks) with education pricing and think you missed the gift card that they are giving with the new purchases, u can contact apples customer service and tell them when u got ur MBP and they could sort it out for you. I ordered mine on May 31st with education pricing and i qualified for the app store gift card....

give it a go

2. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

Been on the phone for the last 30 mins.

If you purchased it on apple.com, they will send you the gift card. If you purchased it in store, you have to return to the store, have them return it, and then ring it up again to get the gift card...big PITA if you purchased in store and don't have one close...

3. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I got mine on May 25th... wonder if I qualify?

4. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

Past 14 days, no.

5. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

So is May 31st and he got one lol.

6. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

Would April 19 be stretching it? :eek:

edit: justkidding.. didn't refresh to see those replies^

7. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

Then call and find out :rolleyes:

8. Swisha31 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i was on the phone with them a couple hrs ago and i was told i qualified and i had to wait 3 wks for them to email me the gift card number.....it's worth a try

9. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

10. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

GL, let us know

11. billnye97 macrumors regular

I'd be interested to hear the results. I just bought one on May 27th. Missed Lion and the Education pricing. Worth a call.

12. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

Feb. 24 here... maybe I should give it a try!!!

Ya right lol.

13. Swisha31 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i just missed on lion as well but im just gonna get it with the gift card. no biggie

14. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Well he wouldnt give me the $100 gift card but he offered me any free accessories under $100 so I got the Bose Companion2 Series II speakers free. :eek:

Amazing customer service.

15. JR1993 macrumors regular

LOL! That is amazing customer service. I would say that is even better than the $100 gift card. Would much rather spend on hardware than software!

16. fsfikke macrumors newbie

Ordered my MBP the 13th here in Holland. Called them today and they said the gift card (€75 = $107 :D)might already be included in the shipment, if it wasn't I should email him and I'd get it anyway. Great customer service, even outside of the US :p

17. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Yea I was pretty stoked, Im excited. I cant believe how cool he was too. :D

18. JR1993 macrumors regular

Lol, enjoy your BOSE speakers! While I will enjoy..... er...... im not sure yet...... and app?

I might ask in store when i buy mine if they can give any kind of replacement for the same price, maybe a case or something.

19. christeeezy macrumors member

Bought my MBP on May 26th. Just got off the phone with Apple.. I didn't fall under the $100 gift card promotion but the rep I was talking to allowed me to choose a free complimentary accessory. So now I'm receiving a free Magic Mouse in 6-8 business days!

Great customer service as always.

20. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

Dang I tried just now and couldn't get the guy to bite to throw something in for me. Bought mine on the 30th. Oh well, worth the try. No big deal though

21. Brammy macrumors 65816

I bought my MBP on Friday. Went in today. Very hassle free. I *think* they treated it as a return, but all I did was hand my receipt over and they did everything on their end. Probably took me 15 min tops, and that was with the guy trying to figure out what to do.

22. amycishere macrumors 6502

Ordered mine June 12th w/ educational pricing and I qualified as well. Very excited. I gave it a go before I saw this post but thanks for letting everyone know.

23. Bonilla macrumors member

Bonilla

I ordered mine on may 27 and arrives june 2, i call today at apple and they found and told me i could get the promo for the gift card and already past 15 days.

24. jpws6 macrumors newbie

I purchased mine in store on June 10 and went in to get my gift card. No problems with that, but have a question about the apple care since they did the return and re-buy. I assume the agreement number from the re-purchase is the one that is valid ? What concerns me is when I checked the serial number of my MBP online it did not indicate I had apple care, unless that is not always current ? Did not think about this when I was in the store so I am going to call tomorrow and check, but just wondering if anyone had any thoughts who also went through the same process. Thanks.

25. billnye97 macrumors regular

Well I purchased on May 25th and received my MBP on May 28th. I called 1-800-MYAPPLE and they gave me the $100 Mac Appstore credit. She said within 3 weeks I'll have an email with the code. Can't complain. Really painless too.