Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sevendaymelee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2016
A sad reality of the times we live in. Yeah, everything is so much more convenient and easy to use compared to thirty years ago, but it's not all 100% better in all ways. Back then, the only things you had to worry about "going down" was your power and cable. Power went out like three times a year, and for like five minutes at a time, and the cable hardly ever went down. So your access to books, movies, music and everything else was far, far superior, even if less convenient.

immac

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2003
APPLE TV started getting “buggy” last night (4/2 around 23:00 central)…..at first seemed like buffer issues…had to restart a couple shows….. then lost all content……I use an ATV 4k as my streaming interface .

Got rid of MSM TV over 6 years ago….All I get is Apple content, Netflix and Prime…for mindless binge sessions……
Ive noticed an uptick in weird $#!t on ALL of my connected devices since I started staying VERY CURRENT on all iOS, and OS updates Since about end of ‘23
….I usually wait a month…..except for X dot x security based launches.

Last edited:

JMStearnsX2

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2020
I wondered why I was having issues with updating apps & accessing my iCloud settings...

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
No wonder the 6-digit code didn't work on Apple School Manager earlier. Apple Music is down? Glad I still have Sirius XM as a backup.

Swift

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2003
Los Angeles
I wonder if this is a hacker gang getting ready for a ransom attack. Imagine the money they’d ask for.

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
Hurricane prep to the rescue ….

That’s right streaming fans … I’m watching my various Apple shows and movies.

I made it a practice to download all the shows and movies that I buy through Apple.

With the ATV box I connect to ‘Computers’ and it reads my network connected Mac M1 Mini. An external drive connected to the Mini has all my downloads.

Watching The Martian at the moment :D

vabello

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2012
A sad reality of the times we live in. Yeah, everything is so much more convenient and easy to use compared to thirty years ago, but it's not all 100% better in all ways. Back then, the only things you had to worry about "going down" was your power and cable. Power went out like three times a year, and for like five minutes at a time, and the cable hardly ever went down. So your access to books, movies, music and everything else was far, far superior, even if less convenient.

I'm ironically reading this in the dark with no power for the last six hours which unfortunately usually happens more than three times a year where I live.

• Wow
Reactions: fatTribble

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
:p"...Apple School Manager have also experienced issues today."

When I was your age I had to take a brick phone to school
When I was your age I had to take a telegraph to school:p it is so true most of us are dependant on technology. I got hooked many years ago.

vegetassj4

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2014
Man you were rich
Nawww...they only cost a few clams

Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 20.47.47 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: SidricTheViking

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
So everything else is a plus. I mean, in the rare instances we do have a tech outage like this, you default back to when things were far superior. Or you can just get rid of all that tech and live like it was 30 years ago. It’s a win win situation for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.