App Store in iOS 6 unstable

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by timtax, Sep 20, 2012.

1. timtax macrumors newbie

Are any of you experiencing a lot of crashes when browsing the app store in iOS 6? It's driving me crazy and seems a lot like a beta to me :( Furthermore when the app crashes I sometimes get the "OLD" layout on the bottom referring to "Top 25" for example instead of the new "Charts".

I think it's odd and wanted to check if any of you are experiencing the same?

Thanks in advance.

2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Can't say i've had any crashes. I'm on the 4S.

3. Goozak macrumors newbie

Goozak

Yeah, I'm getting a lot of crashes, mostly in the Genius section, but elsewhere also. On iPod touch 4th gen. No old layout though

4. PJ. macrumors regular

Wish I could get the old version back I much prefer it. Used to fit to the width of my iPhone and graphically it looks older IMHO. Looks slightly better on iPad.

PJ.

5. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

Yep, Genius crashes every time.

And don't get me started about the new design of the AppStore. It's a giant step back in efficiency in browsing apps.

6. SinkOrSwim macrumors regular

SinkOrSwim

--- IPod Touch 4th Generation, confirmed. On top of slow loading.

7. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Haven't had crashes, but it's slow and very annoying (especially in the purchased apps section).

8. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

it tells me it "timed out" every time I try to use it :(

9. Mrdaddyo macrumors newbie

4th gen touch crashing a lot in App Store search. Also agree, very slow. Also Agee other apps crashing (I.e.Crackle) won't run. Maybe they haven't updated to iOS6 yet?

10. tonyr6 macrumors 65816

tonyr6

It crashes every freaking time I try to search for apps then when it reverts to the old store I can't search getting cannot connect to store crap.

Generaly I like iOS 6 except for the crappy AppStore. Now in order to find and download apps I am going to have to do it on the computer.

11. docprego macrumors 65816

It's terrible! Extremely sluggish! I have not seen a single app load in the purchased section yet, I just get a spinning wheel. Sometimes it loads up categories on the bottom, sometimes not. I've had a crash which never happened on the previous App Store. This is the single thing I don't like about iOS 6. Why did they bother to redesign it and make it infinitely worse?

On the positive side I like the ability to load screen shots full screen and install apps without dropping out to the home screen.

Could all the poor performance be due to the fact that its day 2? Can we expect improvement without waiting for iOS 6.01?

12. MicroByte macrumors 6502

Same here, especially with the search. Searched for something and it crashed 3 times. Rebooted and still crashed. Eventually got it to work.

Seemed to crash when I selected an App after the search results were delivered.

13. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

It woks smooth for me, and I just upgraded from beta 4 without a clean install. have you tried resetting all settings?

14. Doctorsti macrumors regular

that and it also sucks in it's layout and ease of use... I am hating iOS6

15. nfl46 macrumors 603

Very slow on my iPad 3. It was like this with all the betas for me, especially when strolling through the charts. Honestly, I didn't care much for the new App Store since iOS 6 Beta 1.

16. PJ. macrumors regular

Is this because there wasn't enough people on beta to stress test it? I wonder if Apple should do an open beta for a few weeks with the GM version before everyone gets it?

PJ.

17. mykelala01 macrumors 6502

mykelala01

So slow using my iPad 2. Is my Ipad 2, towards the end of its cycle. Because whenever I use the app strore...it feels like my I'm using a old Iphone 3g. So laggy, buggy, and slow to scroll. :confused:

18. foiden macrumors 6502a

Stability isn't my issue with the new App Store. It's the layout when you search. I don't like the 1-app a page layout when there might be 1000+ matches to your search. They should bring back the ability to see several of your matches on the screen at once, on the phone, and allow you to scroll down to quickly view the matches.

Now, it may take forever to find what you are looking for within a search parameter.

19. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Yup, mine has also reverted back to the old version, and it doesn't seem to be switching back to the new one.

20. EMAN19 macrumors 6502

The new App Store crashes every time I try browsing through it. This new and clunky layout doesn't seem to fit my screen either. Apps hardly ever load; it's also very jittery and SLOW as molasses. This new App Store is utterly inefficient and painful to use. I want to revert to the old App Store. Now.

21. ssahnan macrumors newbie

i'm getting the crashing when trying to view genius reccommendations and purchases. also, my purchased movies not showing in itunes. music and tv shows are. tried a restore but no luck.

on a 4s and 4
    on a ipad 3 and 2 it worked, albeit laggy and slow

22. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

23. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

Does the app store still throw u to the home screen when downloading apps?

24. King Bowser macrumors regular

25. SteveSparks macrumors 6502a

SteveSparks

Same issues here.. App store search crashes my iPod Touch 4th gne.