App store is amazing in iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by falconeight, Jun 18, 2013.

1. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Its just amazing how fluid and easy it is to use in iOS 7. I always hated how my purchased app screen was choppy. That is totally gone in iOS 7.

Attached Files:

2. Skyhigh223 macrumors regular

Much, much much much much
    much much muuuuuch much
    much much much faster in iOS 7 than in iOS 6.

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

Not sure why this needed it's own thread...

Could've posted this in the sticky at the top of the forum.

4. madsci954 macrumors 68030

5. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

Why? 100 threads about icons are ok though? Its a legitimate subject about a great improvement.

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

Who said they were ok? This subforum is poorly moderated so those threads will remain until that's improved.

It's a legitimate topic, but doesn't need it's own thread. The "iOS 7: All The Little Things!" thread is perfect for little things like "the App Store is much faster! Finally" or things like that. There's not much to discuss about it other than "Yeah, I agree!".

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Now, if they could separate previously/recently updated apps into their own screen (similar to purchases) away from the main updates screen, that would be that much better.

8. Skyhigh223 macrumors regular

What else are we going to talk about if not changes, improvements and deteriorations in iOS 7? If we followed your advice, every single thread in this forum would go into the "all the little things" thread. ;)

9. .beam. macrumors member

Looks pretty nice.

So they replaced Genius with near me? Ugh.

10. batting1000 macrumors 604

Why do we need the "All The Little Things Thread" then? The App Store being faster is not a huge feature, it's a little thing you'd expect from a major OS update. They aren't going to make it slower...

11. Skyhigh223 macrumors regular

That AppStore Genius thing never worked. Why would I want to download some strange Chinese twitter app just because I downloaded Tweetbot a few days ago?

I think "Near Me" is going to be much more useful and coherent.

12. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

Didn't the app store just get revamped for iOS6? Al though I didn't really like it that much. I still hate putting in a password for free apps. I could have sworn I read something last year that free apps wouldn't require inputting a password.

13. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

14. lancastor macrumors 6502a

The AppStore is fast as hell in iOS7.

Click on "Purchases" and DONE. Within under a second alls your recently purchased apps are displayed.

On iOS6 it's loading..... and loading and loading..... and loading ...............

15. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

Don't worry guys- this is still Beta 1. I'm sure by release they will get back the choppiness of iOS 6.

16. .beam. macrumors member

Thank goodness Apple finally realized. But Near Me is yet another useless feature I do not want. I don't care what other people are downloading. So I really, really hope I can leave it disabled just like I did with that stupid Genius feature. That'll run down your battery.

Can someone confirm?

17. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Umm really?

Attached Files:

18. Skyhigh223 macrumors regular

Ah, that's not the final iOS 6 AppStore though. In those screenshots, Apple hasn't ruined the search results view yet.

The only difference in appearance between the iOS 6 and 7 AppStores is that the "Top Charts" are now arranged vertically, rather than in that thumb-exhausting sideways scrollview.

19. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

App store is amazing in iOS 7

Edit: nevermind

20. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I'm sorry, but I must disagree with you both.

I don't think we have nearly enough threads discussing iOS 7. In fact, I feel we need at least 70 or 80 more threads discussing the same subject.

I'm very disappointed in this apparent lack of interest in the subject, and intend to open at least 10 threads on my very own.

Thank you for your kind attention...

:rolleyes: :p

21. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

As much as I really enjoy that thread, it's approaching 2000 posts. Unwieldy is a bit of an understatement. Just about everything that can be talked about now are "little things", because the big things have already been announced by Apple. Without being overly facetious, what is the point of this subforum if everything can be lumped into one thread?

Face it, we don't have much to talk about right now other than rehashing the same discussions over and over again. I sure hope people keep discovering new details and posting them in the "All The Little Things" thread, but that doesn't mean that people can't start their own discussions- as redundant as they might be.

22. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

It doesn't belong in all the little things thread because its absolutely huge. Fluidity in a os is one thing but fluidity while connected to the app store is amazing. I don't know how apple did it but its a great accomplishment. There is not a single other os that has such a great and fluid app store. I use to hate browsing on my iphone and now its awesome.

----------

What we don't need is more complaining. Whatever the complaining its getting old.

23. C DM macrumors Westmere

Clearly it has iOS 7's UI as well...so that's a pretty big difference as to how it looks/feels (and in some way how you interact with it).

There's also no Genius now, which is replaced by something similar, but still not the same thing: Near Me.

There's now a Wish List.

Apps that were previously/recently updated are now retained in a list on the updates screen.

It's much faster overall.

So, there are fairly noticeable differences.

24. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

And yet that is exactly what they did in iOS 6.

25. Sheza macrumors 65816

Sheza

I find it brilliant but odd that the App Store is the fastest part of iOS7 beta.