Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Less than 48 hours away from the start of WWDC, a new App Store leak suggests that Apple plans to announce a brand new "Mind" app across its different platforms, as well as the introduction of the standalone Tips and Contacts app for Apple Watch, presumably as part of the watchOS 8 update.

wwdc-2021-details.jpg

The leak comes at the courtesy of developer Khaos Tian, who noticed that Apple accidentally updated the App Store manifest with new app ID bundle identifiers. The findings reference "com.apple.NanoTips" and "com.Apple.NanoContacts," both identifiers include "Nano," which is Apple's internal codename for Apple Watch apps.

Alongside the identifiers referencing the unreleased apps for Apple Watch, Apple also posted "com.Apple.Mind," an app currently not offered by the company. The lack of a specific codename, such as Nano, likely indicates that the app will be available across watchOS and iOS. Apple has in the past been rumored to be working on different health features, including mental health.

Bloomberg's Mark Gurman has stated that the next update to watchOS will include new and improved health tracking features. Apple already offers a Breathe app on Apple Watch, and the unreleased Mind app may be an expansion or replacement of the app to better suit mental health needs. Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference kicks off on Monday, June 7, at 10 a.m PT.

Article Link: App Store Leaks Unannounced Apple 'Mind' App, Suggests Tips and Contacts Coming to watchOS 8 at WWDC

goonie4life9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
What do I need to buy and when can I buy it? I don't want the common folk model. I want the most sickening expensive device I can buy so that I can feel worthy. Yes, Apple. Yes. :D
I believe Rivers Cuomo said it best: “Pump it up, into me, please Apple, please Apple. Pump it up, pump it up, into me.”

goonie4life9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
I was only kidding of course. It is rather concerning if what you quoted was real. lol That is a whole new level of obsession from Cuomo.
I believe Rivers Cuomo said it best: “Pump it up, into me, please Apple, please Apple. Pump it up, pump it up, into me.”
I know you were kidding, which is why I made that comment, tweaked from the original line in “1 More Hit.”

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.