App store price

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lpeedin, Jan 1, 2012.

1. lpeedin macrumors regular

Any way to determine what you paid for an app using the App Store program on iOS devices.

2. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Card/PayPal

When im drunk I tend to waste money lOl

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Nope.

4. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

just go to your iTunes account click on purchase history and find what you are after.

5. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Also you will receive an e-mail receipt for the app. Sometimes it may be several days later if it was just say a 99 cent one. Apple likes to wait until there are several of these before sending out the e-mail but you will eventually get one.

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

You should get an email of your purchases

7. irDigital0l Guest

That takes a week or two weeks.

Easiest way its to go on itunes > account > purchase history > see all

8. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Maybe you should unlink your account and just use itunes gift cards instead to be safe. :D

9. rebby macrumors 6502

Perfect. I have some tax deductible purchases for 2011 that I needed to dig out. This will make things much easier. Thanks.

10. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

Usually when I buy an app, on the same day or the next one I receive a receipt via email of those same purchases.

11. lpeedin thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the responses - I knew I could determine this info via iTunes on my laptop, but I'd really like to get it via my iDevice. It's not "must have" but often times I'll be showing someone an app and they'll ask what it cost on the App Store.

12. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Wouldn't they be more interested in what they'd pay for it if they got it vs. what you paid for it when you got it?

One more option is to use a site or app like http://appshopper.com -- it will give you the current app price and also historic pricing (eg so they can see if the app comes on sale and they should wait to buy).

13. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

In the interest of disclosure, appshopper is MacRumors' sister site also founded by Arn.

I also fail to understand how the current price in the App Store isn't more desirable.

B

14. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah, sorry, I did know this was true and neglected to mention it. I believe there are a few other similar sites and apps also. There are enough apps that go on sales frequently (and I bought enough Gameloft games for $10 that went on sale for $0.99 a couple months later) that I think they're definitely worth using.

15. EspressoQueen macrumors member

AppShopper is one the most frequently used apps I have. Thank you Arn for such a brilliantly useful app. :eek: