App store price

lpeedin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2011
Any way to determine what you paid for an app using the App Store program on iOS devices.

himynameiscody

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Card/PayPal

When im drunk I tend to waste money lOl

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
just go to your iTunes account click on purchase history and find what you are after.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
Also you will receive an e-mail receipt for the app. Sometimes it may be several days later if it was just say a 99 cent one. Apple likes to wait until there are several of these before sending out the e-mail but you will eventually get one.

Thedeathbear

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

When im drunk I tend to waste money lOl
Maybe you should unlink your account and just use itunes gift cards instead to be safe. :D

rebby

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2008
MN
That takes a week or two weeks.

Easiest way its to go on itunes > account > purchase history > see all
Perfect. I have some tax deductible purchases for 2011 that I needed to dig out. This will make things much easier. Thanks.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Usually when I buy an app, on the same day or the next one I receive a receipt via email of those same purchases.

lpeedin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2011
Thanks for the responses - I knew I could determine this info via iTunes on my laptop, but I'd really like to get it via my iDevice. It's not "must have" but often times I'll be showing someone an app and they'll ask what it cost on the App Store.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Thanks for the responses - I knew I could determine this info via iTunes on my laptop, but I'd really like to get it via my iDevice. It's not "must have" but often times I'll be showing someone an app and they'll ask what it cost on the App Store.
Wouldn't they be more interested in what they'd pay for it if they got it vs. what you paid for it when you got it?

One more option is to use a site or app like http://appshopper.com -- it will give you the current app price and also historic pricing (eg so they can see if the app comes on sale and they should wait to buy).

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
In the interest of disclosure, appshopper is MacRumors' sister site also founded by Arn.

I also fail to understand how the current price in the App Store isn't more desirable.

B
Yeah, sorry, I did know this was true and neglected to mention it. I believe there are a few other similar sites and apps also. There are enough apps that go on sales frequently (and I bought enough Gameloft games for $10 that went on sale for $0.99 a couple months later) that I think they're definitely worth using.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.