Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With increasing competition, it's harder for developers to get their applications noticed. Some developers have started offering sales to boost sales and recognition. A few notable apps that have recently gone on sale include: (price links to App Store)

Trism ($4.99 -> $2.99) - puzzle game (review)
Band ($5.99 -> $1.99) - collection of virtual instruments (a look at Band)
Pianist ($5.99 -> $1.99) - virtual piano (YouTube video)
Guitarist ($5.99 -> $2.99) - virtual guitar (YouTube video)

Trism recently made headlines after its developer revealed he had earned $250,000 from game sales in the first two months since its release.

Article Link

aka.gus

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2007
just bought Pianist! I was thinking about buying it earlier, but I couldn't justify a purchase at the old price.
Yay!

Time to practice playing Mad World....

VaatiKaiba

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2008
Also, Pangea Software are having a sale - they say that the prices of Enigmo, Cro-Mag Rally, Bugdom 2, Pangea VR Pro and Billy Frontier are all down (Cro-Mag is really cheap - Enigmo, I'm not so sure about...).

Hope that helps someone!

Darkroom

Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
i really hope Labyrinth goes on sale... i've been fighting the urge to spend $5.99 (i think that's how much it costs) on it, but i REALLY REALLY want it...

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
i really hope Labyrinth goes on sale... i've been fighting the urge to spend $5.99 (i think that's how much it costs) on it, but i REALLY REALLY want it...

Drink water vs coke in the next 3 fast food meals you buy, and you got it!

Yeah, I just bought 'Band', and am glad I didn't pay $10 for it. The only thing mildly interesting is the "12-bar blues", but even then, it's not fun for more than a few minutes. It's not what I expected.

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
Again?

When did the iPhone Blog turn into a "sales paper" for the App Store?
Three of the last six stories have been on "app sales"...

Maybe we need an App Store Blog instead? :confused:

happydude

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2006
a gasping dying planet
hey, just thought, where's the MacRumors iphone app? create an app to be able to sign in and take us directly here to make posting from iPhone a little easier?

it'll probably get refused due to duplicating something or something . . .

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
hey, just thought, where's the MacRumors iphone app? create an app to be able to sign in and take us directly here to make posting from iPhone a little easier?

it'll probably get refused due to duplicating something or something . . .

can't you just browse the site in safari on iphone and then hit the plus sign and do add to homescreen?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.