App Store Taking a Holiday?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jt999, Oct 13, 2008.

1. GreenLightJerky macrumors member

Today is Columbus Day, now Discoverers Day?
    Its a nationally recognized holiday.

2. admanimal macrumors 68040

It is strange that there have been no price changes, since developers have control over that and surely not all of them are on holiday.

3. jt999 thread starter macrumors regular

I do not remember the AppStore being closed for other holidays; e.g. Labor Day.

Also, Sunday was not a holiday.

Jeff

4. odelay macrumors 6502

Maybe somethings afoot. Perhaps in relation to tomorrow's media event. I know it's a macbook focused event, but perhaps, just one more thing?

...the iPhone now works flawlessly, MobileMe now works flawlessly, happy hour at the AppStore, all apps a free for 24 hours, the apps are on Apple!

...then again, perhaps not. :rolleyes:

5. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

happy hour doesn't quite register with me for being "free for 24 hours" :p:p

6. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

In the USA. Remember, this is the internet - a place where many different nations and cultures collide.

7. vandy1997 macrumors regular

Yeah, it would be more like 1/2 Price Apps from 6 pm to 10 pm. Maybe you get a free drink with every 2 apps purchased. This would be in the form of a gift card that could be used to purchase alcohol (or soda for minors).

8. minik macrumors 65816

I still have to goto work.

9. odelay macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

or maybe APPy hour :)

Get a free app with every app purchased.

Small print: only applies to apps that are priced @ $0.00 or less. ;-)

10. GreenLightJerky macrumors member

Me too.
    It was just a suggestion. I was not claiming it as truth and no I dont have a pic.

11. Vintage Season macrumors member

Wouldn't it be more cost effective for them to give away iBeer? :p

- M.

12. canadacow macrumors member

A few observations from my neck of the woods:

1) I've never seen apps posted for update on a Saturday evening (normally it's just Sunday-Friday) but Carve3D's update was approved and posted Saturday.

2) Per my notes on my "sale", the free offer for Carve3D was supposed to end today. As such, I changed it back to it's respective tier in pricing and nothing has changed. I also removed the verbiage regarding the sale and nearly a day later, nothing has taken effect. Does Cupertino get Columbus Day off?

3) Grab Carve3D while's it's still free! I have another update awaiting release that fixes the stability issues once and for all. Hopefully it'll be out before Halloween!

13. Pring macrumors 6502

Hrm, something seems broken with the store...

Canadacow, I can't download Carve3D as it's "being modified". Meaning that they acknowledge your status change but it's not propogated through the system yet. In my experience that takes 1hr+. How long ago did you change it?

14. canadacow macrumors member

It would be about 16 hours ago. I updated images and text in the application description and so far nothing is showing up.

15. GSA190 macrumors member

GSA190

I went to purchase an app and it said that the app was being "Modified". I'm not to sure if that has anything to do with the app store taking a holiday.

16. vandy1997 macrumors regular

Yes - the AppStore is on vacation. I saw it get on a plane to Miami, and it told me that it would be back tomorrow after the Apple event. It should have a nice tan once it returns.

Seriously, though. I'm almost sure that today is not a holiday for Apple. So maybe they are probably making changes to the AppStore. Who knows at this point! :D

17. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

18. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

Its also Yorktown Victory Day (At least in Virginia, USA)...

19. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

A break from the App store is good. Saved me some money.