App Store verification??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Vinsanity93, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Vinsanity93 macrumors member

I just got a itunes $50 gift card and I already redeemed the code. When I went to make my first paid purchase, it said I had to verify my payment information...

WTF?! The only reason I got the gift card was because it kept saying the security code on my debit card was wrong and I checked it 3 times :mad:

So is there a solution to this or do I have to ask to use my parent's credit card?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Something to try, I had issues with adjusting my payment method from App Store, but I was able to do it from iTunes. You may have better luck from there.

3. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

I wondered why a year or two ago I went through hell after using a gift card. I had to 'verify' several times before things settled down again when my gift card ran out.

4. alchemistmuffin macrumors 6502

You do need a credit or debit card to do verification, even if payment is done via gift card.

This is in case if you don't have sufficient fund on the card, iTunes has to have alternative method of completing a transaction.

From the sound of it, it looks like you already had a debit card information in your iTunes account before this happens. If iTunes can't verify your debit card because of wrong security code, then you might want to go to your bank and ask for a new debit card, since something is not right.

Also, if I were you, check your bank account to see if there have been any fraudulent purchase, just in case.

Also, try emailing Apple's iTunes support to see if they can solve the issue. If they still can't verify the credit or debit card, it's time to go to the bank and request a new debit card.

5. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Same issue here when using Paypal on Lion launch day. I was so frustrated, had to use a credit card just to buy it. Switched it back to Paypal. Has always worked in iTunes store. I have not tried buying something from the Mac App Store since then though, so don't know if the issue is still there.

6. Vinsanity93 thread starter macrumors member

Alright I just used my parent's debit card, and when the hell was there tax on app purchases?!

7. alchemistmuffin macrumors 6502

Believe or not, (I assume you live in the US), sales tax applies to internet purchase in some states.