App to quickly close other apps?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Bag302, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Bag302 macrumors regular

I used to use Kirikae on iOS3 which allowed me to hit the home button twice, bringing up a list of all apps running. I could then quickly close the app with one touch.

I don't like Apple's solution on 4.1 where I have to hold my finger on the app icon, then touch the little symbol to close it.

I use my iphone while cycling and it is difficult to hit the small buttons. Kirikae worked perfectly. Is there anything out there that's similar?

2. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

With the exception of a few apps, "open" apps aren't really open so why do you need to close them. Streaming music, GPS, and a few other apps actually stay running in the background. Others are just suspended and don't use any CPU.

3. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Remove recents helps to keep it clean. I hope your not looking for something because you think everything that is in there is running in the background. Just because an app if showing on the 'task bar' doesn't mean it running, most apps don't. Remove recents prevents apps that aren't actively backgrounded/save state from showing up there.

4. Bag302 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm using remove recents which is pretty good.

I'm also using backgrounder, but sometimes I switch between Pandora, Slacker, Ipod, MLB at bat, Slingplayer or pocket tunes.

I'd like to be able to shut them down quickly while on the bike.

Kirikae also had quick access to favorite apps so I could switch between apps I set as 'favorites' with minimal button presses.

Plus I always end up opening apps by accident while riding. I'd like to be able to shut them off.