Appauling service at Apple Telesales for MBPR

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sahib90, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Sahib90 macrumors newbie

Been on the phone all day today to try ordering the MacBook Pro Retina - model 2.6ghz with 16gb memory.

However, their service has just been appauling resulting in call backs and from 10am till now. Nothing has been ordered apart from saying "our systems are crashing" and will call back at 8pm now.

I just wanted a view from the community on what I should do to earn a great compensation and how I should do that. I have been house bound all day and certainly think I should be given something as a gesture of good will. Any recommendations on how I should approach this. ?

Need answers as soon as possible as call will at 8. By the way I'm from the UK so these would be the UK telesales and not the US :)

2. TheHound macrumors newbie

http://store.apple.com/uk

There ya go sport.

You want something for nothing. You won't get it. Go somewhere else with your whining. Screw you and your entitlement. "Good will"...sheesh.

3. Keeferton macrumors member

**** happens. shut up and order online. or wait :rolleyes:

4. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

5. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Demand is great. Just be glad when you can order and get in the queue. That will be your compensation. (Or you could just order online.)

6. Sahib90 thread starter macrumors newbie

I will be taking the student discount into consideration and thus has to be done over telesales.

7. psynnott macrumors 6502

psynnott

Not wanting to be rude but omg, spoilt brat! Something goes wrong and you are immediately demanding compensation? Shut up, order online from one of mulitple retailers including apple themselves.

Edit: student... Shoulda known. And anyway, educational discount can be applied online.

8. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

in the US there is an education section online to get student discounts. Not sure if they have that in the UK though

9. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

They do. Took me all of 30 seconds to navigate to it, but then, I'm not a student or in the UK.

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/education_routing

Appalling, isn't it?

10. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Having to put up with their system having problems sucks, sure. But why do you think that entitles you to something for free? Crap happens, even to the best of companies. You could just call back tomorrow; no one said you have to sit at home and wait. That was your decision.

Besides, according to your other post, you were already planning on asking for freebies before even placing your order. Apple was giving some free items to people because their orders got delayed, not to every free-loader that decides they deserve something that they have no claim to.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=15134756#post15134756

Bottom line is you're just looking for something to complain about so you can get something for free. You're entitled to nothing and you should get nothing.

11. AdDaMan macrumors newbie

12. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

You've been reading that other thread about compensation haven't you? Your order wasn't delayed or anything, and no, them telling you to call some other time is not grounds for compensation.

Just order it online. There's an education option displayed in large text on the left sidebar, I have no idea how you could miss it. Then there's the enormous banner about buying a Mac for university.

You're entitled to nothing and you will probably get nothing other than what you pay for.

13. glitternarwhal macrumors member

glitternarwhal

I completely agree with this.

14. det2004 macrumors 6502

They're having difficulties....stuff like this happens.

you thinking that you are entitled to any great compensation is what is "appalling".

15. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

:rolleyes:

Don't post HERE, that's how.

LMFAO :p:p:p

16. modelbehaviour, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012

modelbehaviour macrumors 6502

Student discount can be done online.

Customer services hate people like you. I work in a similar role for a much much smaller retail company and anyone tries to get compensation they have no claim to makes me much more determined not to give it them. Narky people witha sense of entitlement get nowhere (but they do get a big black mark on their account for any future dealings with them). If I get a pleasant, cheerful customer who doesn't expect to be gratified at every turn I'll do everything I can and go out of my way to help them, I imagine Apple reps think much the same.

17. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

What is it with the entitlement complex that the youth of today have?

First point. It's not *appalling* service. Apple are calling back, it's just the systems are having a bad day. 20 minutes phone queues, not answering or disconnecting your call would be poor service.

Second point. If you are ordering with educational discount, then Apple are already making a significant financial gesture.

18. Keeferton macrumors member

edit: you want a cookie?

19. Shaunyac macrumors regular

Shaunyac

What a jerk. How dare he... :rolleyes:

I think I'll call Apple and tell them I want compensation too for all the stress, anxiety, paranoia and addiction they have caused by making me check the order status every half hour, surely I'll be able to AT LEAST get a free monitor. Awful customer service tut tut. :p

20. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

I don't think you really want that view. But since you asked...

You have been house bound of your own choosing for an item you don't absolutely need. Quit feeling you are "owed" something.

I must admit that once again I am somewhat comforted, in a schadenfreude kind of way, that America does not have a lock on arrogant, self-entitled attitudes.

21. Tombs macrumors regular

Tombs

I have to back this, go online and order it yourself, why do you need to speak to someone to order it?

22. jon.blake macrumors member

"Earn a great compensation" ... Lol. This is the dumbest thread I've seen in this forum.

23. Tombs macrumors regular

Tombs

Woooo, back off there cowboy, I'm sure you have just as many idiots (if not more due to percentage's) as the rest of the world does.:mad:

24. J.L.Photography macrumors 6502

in other news, apple has an online apple store wher you can order your product! cheers you bloody wank!

25. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

How does it feel to come here and have everyone hate you?