iPod Apple 100 Million in Europe

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
here we go again !

Music fans in 17 countries around Europe are clicking their way to 100 million downloads on the European iTunes Music Stores. And to celebrate this milestone in the digital music revolution, we are running a special promotion to thank you for helping us make history.

100 Millionth Song Grand Prize
Selling 100 million songs on the iTunes Music Stores in Europe marks a dramatic acceleration in the purchase of legally downloadable music on the Internet. And the music fan who purchases the 100 millionth song in Europe will receive a prize that is just as dramatic and makes the digital music experience complete:

One 17-inch iMac G5 to command an entire world of music, photos, movies and DVDs, all from your sofa with Front Row and the new Apple Remote.
One 30GB iPod to take your music collection with you wherever you go.
10,000-song Gift Card for the iTunes Music Store to buy all the songs you want and fill up your new iPod.
Two Tickets for you and a friend to see Robbie Williams live in concert on his 2006 tour.

http://www.apple.com/uk/itunes/100millionpromo/

Applespider

macrumors G4
Oh good! Although the last few have been worldwide, most of the winners were US based. Fingers crossed for all our Euro members... tho obviously me most! :p

I guess this means that the billionth song competition will either be worldwide (except Europe) or won't be starting until this one finishes?

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
seems a bit tight though

a 17" iMac or a 30Gb iPod ?

but this is what i'm after ! 10,000 iTunes card:cool:

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
liketom said:
seems a bit tight though

a 17" iMac or a 30Gb iPod ?

but this is what i'm after ! 10,000 iTunes card:cool:
Doesn't the winner get all four prize thingies. 17" iMac AND 30GB iPod AND gift card AND tickets to Robbie?

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
gekko513 said:
Doesn't the winner get all four price thingies. 17" iMac AND 30GB iPod AND gift card AND tickets to Robbie?
well thats not too bad but you can keep the robbie ticket :p

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
gekko513 said:
Doesn't the winner get all four price thingies. 17" iMac AND 30GB iPod AND gift card AND tickets to Robbie?
I'll send you a dollar, Audun (screw the exchange rate), and you can buy me the 100 millionth song.

Rob woul dlove a 17-inch iMac. :D

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
liketom said:
well thats not too bad but you can keep the robbie ticket :p
I was put off by that part too. I guess I could always try to sell them at face value on ebay or offer to only take 5,000 songs if Apple keeps the tickets. ;)

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
steve_hill4 said:
I was put off by that part too. I guess I could always try to sell them at face value on ebay or offer to only take 5,000 songs if Apple keeps the tickets. ;)
what they should have done is have prizes for every 100,000 songs downloaded

like iPod Nano's 1000 iTunes Gift card ect....

and every 10,000 then 100 iTunes Gift card's and a Shuffle

dernhelm

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2002
middle earth
iGary said:
I'll send you a dollar, Audun (screw the exchange rate), and you can buy me the 100 millionth song.

I second that! I'd take that 17" iMac as well.

I am surprised that iPods weren't more prominent in the give-aways, though. Meaning I would expect some nano give-aways leading up to the 100 millionth song.

Whyren

macrumors 6502a
liketom said:
what they should have done is have prizes for every 100,000 songs downloaded

like iPod Nano's 1000 iTunes Gift card ect....

and every 10,000 then 100 iTunes Gift card's and a Shuffle
Perhaps they want to limit it because it's only Europe?

...despite the fact that the majority of the iTunes stores are located in European countries...

phawksworth

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2005
Putney, London, England
Why grumble?

I'm not sure why anyone is grumbling that the prize is stingy. Who wouldn't want the 10000 free downloads (never mind the other great prizes)?!

I was surprised to see that apple were offering any prize for this milestone. It is a milestone for just Europe. I think the previous countdown giveaways were global.

This is a massive bonus!

I would like to see a countdown though - it feeds the anticipation.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
iGary said:

Hah :D Never! It's mine, all mine. ;)

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
phawksworth said:
I'm not sure why anyone is grumbling that the prize is stingy. Who wouldn't want the 10000 free downloads (never mind the other great prizes)?!

I was surprised to see that apple were offering any prize for this milestone. It is a milestone for just Europe. I think the previous countdown giveaways were global.

This is a massive bonus!

I would like to see a countdown though - it feeds the anticipation.

I think by the end of today we will see the counter on the Apple.com/uk front page

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
You mean All?! :)

How long did the states take to get up to 100,000,000?
( if canada was in before then - states and Canada )

Applespider said:
Oh good! Although the last few have been worldwide, most of the winners were US based. Fingers crossed for all our Euro members... tho obviously me most! :p

I guess this means that the billionth song competition will either be worldwide (except Europe) or won't be starting until this one finishes?

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
knowing my luck - i'll win and my 100,000,000th song will be some crappy x-mas song like Cliff Richard's "mistletoe and wine" o the shame of that being plasterd all over the Apple website :D

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
Stella said:
You mean All?! :)

How long did the states take to get up to 100,000,000?
( if canada was in before then - states and Canada )
1 year and a couple of months, I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.