Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

khakilad

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Hey everyone,

just thought I would let ya all know that after recently buying the new 2.93 MBP 15' I've also added the 24 inch LED Apple screen.

It was expensive but there is no other monitor on the market that looks this good!

Excellent picture, no dead pixels, or standby noise.

Would deffo recommend!

darrenscerri

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2007
Malta
Congrats on your acquisition! It sure is expensive but the Apple 24" LED is tailor made for the new generation MacBooks! No need for adapters, integrated iSight, very sleek etc... I sure would want one :D

Guy Mancuso

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
Like to see a new 30 inch. I am running the current 30 and be nice to have a new one without this DVI adapter and the direct power cord to the laptop from the monitor.

Croatian

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Hey everyone,

just thought I would let ya all know that after recently buying the new 2.93 MBP 15' I've also added the 24 inch LED Apple screen.

It was expensive but there is no other monitor on the market that looks this good!

Excellent picture, no dead pixels, or standby noise.

Would deffo recommend!

I got one my self for my 2.53 MBP 15" and love it, totally amazing ... now just need to save some more money to get an SSD drive... maybe recession will help with them coming down in price (wishful thinking)

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2009
Very cool! I used my friends this past weekend, and I really want one now. SUPER crisp looking picture. :)

poblack

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2007
I thought about gettting one but they are just too expensive.

My standard 22" Westinghouse monitor is fine

Dee Smith

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2009
Can you run the 15" MBP with the 24" led display and have an external keyboard and mouse plugged into the display and keep the MBP closed at the same time? Could the mouse be a bluetooth device?

Thanks,

Dee

steve31

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Edmonton Canada
Congrats.:DI also have a 24 inch cinema display with MB/MBP and love it. But I still have not yet bought a desk so I have turned my kitchen table it to my work space.(wife not happy)

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Can you run the 15" MBP with the 24" led display and have an external keyboard and mouse plugged into the display and keep the MBP closed at the same time? Could the mouse be a bluetooth device?

Thanks,

Dee

yes

khakilad

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Hey everyone

I'll post pics tomorrow when I get back to the UK.

The set up is brilliant. one thing that would be good would be for Apple to create a docking system. One that connects my ESATA card etc in one click.

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2009
would love to get one but anyone know how to connect two monitors to the MBP and even whether it is possible? I know the Mac Pro has two display port outputs but the MBP only has one. I have tried devices that allow multiple output but this only gives me an mirror image and not the extended feature i am looking for

zer0tails

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
Canada
would love to get one but anyone know how to connect two monitors to the MBP and even whether it is possible? I know the Mac Pro has two display port outputs but the MBP only has one. I have tried devices that allow multiple output but this only gives me an mirror image and not the extended feature i am looking for

i believe it is not possible to have two separate displays. I've heard of a company that makes a device called matrox but it only mirrors it.

khakilad

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009

Whilst I was looking for a built in esata card I came across a card that plugs into the port that my Esata plugs into ( I foget what its called, something like Express card?) And it had a separate connector for a monitor. Not sure if it would just monitor what you had on display. I'm not sure where it was that I sought it but my esata card is made by AKE.

Anyone thats interested, the card works fine with my Esata 500GB Quadra drive.

Pivzavod

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2008
Apple screens are bright and have vivid colours, but the overall quality is far behind the professional screens. I have Sun Microsystems v4 24.1 LCD in my office, that thing is nice, and the price is about the same as Apple.

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Apple screens are bright and have vivid colours, but the overall quality is far behind the professional screens. I have Sun Microsystems v4 24.1 LCD in my office, that thing is nice, and the price is about the same as Apple.

What is it you prefer about those displays?

djnr

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2007
calibration profile to match UMBP 17"

With Calibration the 24" LED display is awesome. I love mine with the MBP but also great with the new Mac Pro's. I would also love to see a new 30" ACD!

I have the new UMBP 17" and also got the new 24" LED, but they do look way different in color, can anyone share a calibration profile to match em both? i'm not a real expert in calibration, so if anybody already matched them please shre!

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
I have the new UMBP 17" and also got the new 24" LED, but they do look way different in color, can anyone share a calibration profile to match em both? i'm not a real expert in calibration, so if anybody already matched them please shre!

Set both to maximum brightness.

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
They are already like that, i notice the MBP display is kinda bluer...
That is no good. :(

It's a common issue with all the 2008 2.53GHz 15" MacBook Pro. I suggest to go back to the apple store and tell them. You might probably get one of the speed bumped MacBook Pro 2009.

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2009
Whilst I was looking for a built in esata card I came across a card that plugs into the port that my Esata plugs into ( I foget what its called, something like Express card?) And it had a separate connector for a monitor. Not sure if it would just monitor what you had on display. I'm not sure where it was that I sought it but my esata card is made by AKE.

Anyone thats interested, the card works fine with my Esata 500GB Quadra drive.

Thats good info. I have not thought of that. Although I have tried various esata bus cards none of them have proved anywhere near reliable. I have since got several firewire 800 drives, very stable and can be daisy chained.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.