Apple 24 LED + Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by khakilad, Apr 6, 2009.

1. khakilad macrumors member

Hey everyone,

just thought I would let ya all know that after recently buying the new 2.93 MBP 15' I've also added the 24 inch LED Apple screen.

It was expensive but there is no other monitor on the market that looks this good!

Excellent picture, no dead pixels, or standby noise.

Would deffo recommend!

2. darrenscerri macrumors regular

darrenscerri

Congrats on your acquisition! It sure is expensive but the Apple 24" LED is tailor made for the new generation MacBooks! No need for adapters, integrated iSight, very sleek etc... I sure would want one :D

3. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

Like to see a new 30 inch. I am running the current 30 and be nice to have a new one without this DVI adapter and the direct power cord to the laptop from the monitor.

4. Croatian macrumors 6502

I got one my self for my 2.53 MBP 15" and love it, totally amazing ... now just need to save some more money to get an SSD drive... maybe recession will help with them coming down in price (wishful thinking)

5. Jurwin macrumors regular

Jurwin

That's nice. Next time take pictures and share your setup with us. We like pictures. :D

6. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

Very cool! I used my friends this past weekend, and I really want one now. SUPER crisp looking picture. :)

7. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Congrats. I want one but can't justify having a third computer screen sitting on this desk.

Post pics of it. :p

8. poblack macrumors regular

I thought about gettting one but they are just too expensive.

My standard 22" Westinghouse monitor is fine

9. Dee Smith macrumors newbie

Can you run the 15" MBP with the 24" led display and have an external keyboard and mouse plugged into the display and keep the MBP closed at the same time? Could the mouse be a bluetooth device?

Thanks,

Dee

10. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

Congrats.:DI also have a 24 inch cinema display with MB/MBP and love it. But I still have not yet bought a desk so I have turned my kitchen table it to my work space.(wife not happy)

11. brentsg macrumors 68030

yes

12. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

13. khakilad thread starter macrumors member

Hey everyone

I'll post pics tomorrow when I get back to the UK.

The set up is brilliant. one thing that would be good would be for Apple to create a docking system. One that connects my ESATA card etc in one click.

14. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

15. 929406 macrumors regular

would love to get one but anyone know how to connect two monitors to the MBP and even whether it is possible? I know the Mac Pro has two display port outputs but the MBP only has one. I have tried devices that allow multiple output but this only gives me an mirror image and not the extended feature i am looking for

16. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

i believe it is not possible to have two separate displays. I've heard of a company that makes a device called matrox but it only mirrors it.

17. khakilad thread starter macrumors member

Whilst I was looking for a built in esata card I came across a card that plugs into the port that my Esata plugs into ( I foget what its called, something like Express card?) And it had a separate connector for a monitor. Not sure if it would just monitor what you had on display. I'm not sure where it was that I sought it but my esata card is made by AKE.

Anyone thats interested, the card works fine with my Esata 500GB Quadra drive.

18. Pivzavod macrumors member

Apple screens are bright and have vivid colours, but the overall quality is far behind the professional screens. I have Sun Microsystems v4 24.1 LCD in my office, that thing is nice, and the price is about the same as Apple.

19. superscientific macrumors regular

With Calibration the 24" LED display is awesome. I love mine with the MBP but also great with the new Mac Pro's. I would also love to see a new 30" ACD!

20. brentsg macrumors 68030

What is it you prefer about those displays?

21. djnr macrumors newbie

calibration profile to match UMBP 17"

I have the new UMBP 17" and also got the new 24" LED, but they do look way different in color, can anyone share a calibration profile to match em both? i'm not a real expert in calibration, so if anybody already matched them please shre!

22. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

Set both to maximum brightness.

23. djnr macrumors newbie

They are already like that, i notice the MBP display is kinda bluer...

24. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

That is no good. :(

It's a common issue with all the 2008 2.53GHz 15" MacBook Pro. I suggest to go back to the apple store and tell them. You might probably get one of the speed bumped MacBook Pro 2009.

25. 929406 macrumors regular

Thats good info. I have not thought of that. Although I have tried various esata bus cards none of them have proved anywhere near reliable. I have since got several firewire 800 drives, very stable and can be daisy chained.