Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Willy S, Jun 14, 2005.
Taken from: http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1130
Finally we get some rumors!
I'll take anything I can get
Notice my sig......
Wasnt prepared to by a developers workstation though
Come on new iBooks + Cram and Jam special. *crosses fingers*
For some reason, I'm not all that excited or interested in what they might make available....its way too early to see any Intel stuff and all the G4 and G5s will be speed bumps when they're introduced...
I already bought my Mini, so I'm not excited... But it will be good to see some fresh hardware coming.
finally, my 23" imac g5. yes, G5. screw the intel stuff. the g5 will be o.k. for the next 2-3 years.
I´m so curious that I will hold my eMac purchase until I see what Apple is going to come with. I wouldn´t be surprised if sales have gone down a little since the Intel thing was announced, so Apple might pull a rabbit out of the hat.
Well, since I can wait a little, I think it is worth it.
I am expecting some iBook updates quickly following the end of the Educational Rebate offer for $100. PowerBooks aren't ready for anything new, and it wouldn't surprise me if the iBook update once again started rubbing up against the low-line PowerBooks.
Apple knows that PB and iBooks shoppers are usually looking for two different worlds of computing and don't regularly consider the proximity between model lines. Granted, a friend of mine uses a 12" iBook with Final Cut Pro for his frequent university projects (maxed RAM helps that quite a bit).
It would be great to see Mac mini updates along with the iBook updates; but with the announcement that low-end Macs will be the first to make the Intel move in early 2006, I'm not sure if Apple will change the current Mac mini make-up only to change it again in another 8-10 months. The desktop Macs seem to have a longer span between updates than the mobile models.
But I am excited for some new models nonetheless. I'd really like to see something new with the Airport Express.
how long until you think it comes out cuz i just bought an ibook...i hope it comes out within 30 days of my purchase...cuz i will return it and by the new one
i hope the powerbook line gets updated.
then i'm all over it.
you must mean 14 on apple's terms..
new hardware, hmmmm...... Well that can only mean one thing...
PDA, PDA, PDA, PDA, PDA, PDA, PDA,
Except that would surely fall foul of the law in the UK where you have 28 days or 30 days to return an item if you don't want it under the distance selling regulations. There are some caveats about custom orders, but they are more about if they make the product unsellable (like names on pencils) rather than "omg 1GB RAM" ...
Those half gig shuffles are going in the new MacMoto phone
14 days!?!?! well, how much of an update is expected. is it goign to be a small bump in processor speed, and 512 ram and 64 meg vram
if that than it is not a big deal
They might change the GPU to something thats fully Tiger compatable, perhaps the FX5200 (DX9 class) compared to the current 9200 (DX8 class).
I'm certain G5 PowerBooks next Tuesday! Otherwise, I'll eat my shorts and film it.
I'm waiting for your video...
Haha, I am not so certain about it... lol
May be I need to clear some of my hard disk space to download your film... lol
Yes, me too.
PowerBooks will probably be the first to have Intel chips, so it's not worth bringing out a G5 right now (even if it were possible).
Single Processor 1.8G5's are gone
Anyone up for a $200-$300 drop in Mac pricing?
I'm not particularly interested in minor speed bumps across the board. Woo-hoo
I am, however, eager to see how Mac sales are affected by the Intel news. I predict Apple will use any announcement of speed increases to also reduce pricing, if only to keep product moving out the door while we wait on InteliMacs to ship. For every person saying "buy a PPC Mac now" you hear someone else cry "who would buy a PPC Mac with Intel around the corner?"
If you aren't enticed into purchasing a G4 iBook or PowerBook (or eMac or mini) by minor spec enhancements, perhaps a price reduction would sweeten the deal. Keeping product moving to maintain market share AND reduce inventory of G4 processors in the pipeline ought to be critical focal points at Apple these days.