Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sodium Chloride

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2017
I prefer BestBuy Card. 24 months down payments with no interest for an iPad compared to 12 or 18 months with Apple or Barclays Cards. True, I don’t get the rewards but for a large purchase, the BestBuy card gives me a better deal.

Reactions: arefbe

Ohples

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2016
Raleigh, NC
I have enjoyed the longer terms that Barclay's has offered (18 and even 24 months) on large purchases like Macs, Apple Watches (I buy the stainless steel model) and iPad Pros. I usually get one or two SAC offers per year.

I do have a current SAC offer that expires on the 29th. I am guessing this will be the final one and I will be using my Apple Card going forward to finance Apple products. But maybe they will keep them going to encourage me to use their card instead of the Apple

I keep seeing the acronym SAC in this tread, what is it referring to?

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I enjoyed several interest-free purchases, most recently last year's 11ProMax. Wonder what they will offer instead of Apple rewards.
While I mostly use my Apple Card now, I still use the Barclays at Costco as they don't accept Master, Visa only

Laces Out

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2017
Just got off the phone with Barclaycard re: my current card.I have 60 days to make a new purchase and then it's
bye-bye.Same arrangement as before... just call when ready to make a purchase and they'll authorize.

theadder

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2019
It looks like the Apple Card financing is still incompatible with the veterans’ store.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
Goldman Sachs is much better in my opinion. Apple card has been amazing.
I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a card.

I have had the Barclays card long before they did the Apple Rewards, and even way back then they offered up to 24 months deferred financing on large purchases like Macs.

Even if they were not offering the 24 months financing special, you could call them and tell them that you are about to make a large purchase at the Apple Store and they would give you the 24 months.

I am curious on what will happen to the Apple Rewards Barclay card. I converted my Barclays card to an Apple Rewards Barclays card, but I have hardly used it since as I haven't bought a new Mac in a long time.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I prefer BestBuy Card. 24 months down payments with no interest for an iPad compared to 12 or 18 months with Apple or Barclays Cards. True, I don’t get the rewards but for a large purchase, the BestBuy card gives me a better deal.
I agree. I have a BB card, and the offers are great.

But for Mac purchases, it sucks as I like to get BTO options that are never available via Best Buy.

Reactions: arefbe

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
IMO my view it was a dumb by Apple. How so? Because I have never owned an iPhone and was considering buying one in the future so I applied for the Barclay's card to take advantage of the 18 month 0% financing. I have the money to buy several iPhones with cash but prefer to use interest free loans.

So in order to apply and get approved for an Apple Card, I need an iPhone. So what comes first the chicken or the egg? Dumb move Apple.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Biggest hint yet that the UK is getting Apple Card!
Was this a UK product? I’ve not seen it in the UK.
[automerge]1600275791[/automerge]
IMO my view it was a dumb by Apple. How so? Because I have never owned an iPhone and was considering buying one in the future so I applied for the Barclay's card to take advantage of the 18 month 0% financing. I have the money to buy several iPhones with cash but prefer to use interest free loans.

So in order to apply and get approved for an Apple Card, I need an iPhone. So what comes first the chicken or the egg? Dumb move Apple.
Apple Card Web Apply is coming or if you have an iPad, you can apply from it .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.