Apple and Microsoft may merge in 5-10 years

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Dr McKay, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Source

Really? A merge? I read the article and it's so ridiculous that it's genuinely funny. Apple and Microsoft may have to merge to take on Google and Facebook.

Would such a merger even be legal? The anti-monopoly laws would surely be all over that. The 2 companies behind the 2 largest computer OS's merging? Yeah no. The stuff analysts come out with these days is funny. Seems like click bait to me.

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

There are plenty of "analysts" who make things up for page views. The best thing is to ignore them.

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Working together... I can see that since they already do a lot of it already. Merging... probably a big no no.

4. pdjudd macrumors 601

If the FTC would prevent a merger between 2 of the four cellular carriers from merging they are sure as heck going to put the kibosh on the two largest commercial operating systems (desktop at least) and mobile device companies (exception to Android) from merging.

It isn’t going to happen. The companies are way too incompatible in their DNA. Now working together on certain things and teaming up on things, sure. But a formal merging is not going to happen.

5. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Today? No.

The other question: Is it legal for an "analyst" to post such nonsense? Apparently, the answer is "yes".

6. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Me thinks that market analyst had a bit too much holiday cheer before setting forth that opinion.

7. vvswarup macrumors 6502a

Good luck getting the government to approve the deal.

8. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

Apple and Microsoft aren't trying to compete in the social network and personal information collection markets, so this doesn't make any sense.