Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solitarycow

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
Re: pepsi, coke, jolt, whatever...

Originally posted by sinisterdesign
maybe if someone collects a couple hundred of them & sold them at a small profit. maybe a homeless guy w/ an entreprenurial spirit & an ear for tech news...
;)

Yeah I can definitley see a homeless bum whip out his T-mobile Sidekick to check out the latest tech buzz:D

evilbert420

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
"Unfortunately...only Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, and Sierra Mist. I wish it was on Dew as well, but it ain't."

You don't want to drink Mountain Dew anyway.

Brominated Vegetable Oil? Take a look at what that is, and then wonder why it's been deemed "unsafe for human consumption" by the FDA. Yuck.

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
Originally posted by Raiden
I think this promotion is great, but damn, 100 million songs? I mean havent we only sold like 30 mil so far? Also, thats 300 million bottles of pepsi. How long does it take normally take pepsi to sell that many?

I think the idea is good for this campaign, but untill I see more numbers, im going to remain a bit skeptical....

My bet is Apple is somehow getting some money out of the deal--i.e. Pepsi paid them... or something.

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
Originally posted by pascalpp
pepsitile01282004.gif

tile that image and you've got yourself one ugly-ass desktop. go on, you know you wanna try it.

-p

I tried it on a PeeCee--you're right--butt-ugly (It would look better on my iMac :D )

Attachments

• uglydesktop2.jpg
    uglydesktop2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 249

iChan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2003
Dublin, Ireland.
Originally posted by iMax531
I apologize if this has been posted before, but I bet there's gonna be a huge ebay market for these things...

if someone wins and doesn't want to use iTunes, thinks it sucks, whatever, they could sell the caps on ebay for something like 75 cents a pop.

no pun intended.

would be ver hard to prove that the codes hadn't already been redeemed

jacobslateralus

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2004
Re: Is that an iMac in the Ad?

Originally posted by kramnala
Is that an iMac in the screenshot, because it doen't really look like one to me. I don't know... It doesn't just look like it is lit wierdly. The screen border looks metallic. I could just be me though...

I hope this hasn't been discussed already!?!

I have to agree. I guess it could be the lighting, but it doesn't look that way to me. But, after all the hoopla lately, I don't dare even keep my fingers crossed. I mean, certainly apple would do something to celebrate the mac's 20th birthday (besides remaking the 1984 commercial just to post it on their website). But I wish they'd hurry up and do it, so I can finally calm the f down.

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
Re: Re: Is that an iMac in the Ad?

Originally posted by jacobslateralus
I have to agree. I guess it could be the lighting, but it doesn't look that way to me. But, after all the hoopla lately, I don't dare even keep my fingers crossed. I mean, certainly apple would do something to celebrate the mac's 20th birthday (besides remaking the 1984 commercial just to post it on their website). But I wish they'd hurry up and do it, so I can finally calm the f down.

To me it appears that the lighting for the shot is behind the iMac, so that the clear frame around it appears to have a sort of fibre-optic type glow. I think that's just an ordinary iMac.

jacobslateralus

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Is that an iMac in the Ad?

Originally posted by hotwire132002
To me it appears that the lighting for the shot is behind the iMac, so that the clear frame around it appears to have a sort of fibre-optic type glow. I think that's just an ordinary iMac.

I don't know. after watching the ad on appleinsider, it looks even more like metal around the screen. But, on the other hand, the rest of the imac looks the same. It does seem unlike apple to make such a small adjustment in the design. So it must just be some weird effect of the lighting.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by Raiden
I think this promotion is great, but damn, 100 million songs? I mean havent we only sold like 30 mil so far? Also, thats 300 million bottles of pepsi. How long does it take normally take pepsi to sell that many?

I think the idea is good for this campaign, but untill I see more numbers, im going to remain a bit skeptical....

Maybe there's a PepsiRumors.com site with some forums to answer your question. My guess would be they will sell them in the time allotted for the promotion but the faithful will hold out for the rumored Pepsi upgrade next Tuesday.

Peej

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2003
LA, CA
Re: Re: Pepsi and Coke and the difference

Originally posted by jobberwacky
The Green Party linking up with a vendor of sugary water with artificial flavors and sponsor of car racing?

Not very likely

Yeah, I geuss so...... I'll stick to green tea sweetened with honey. And I'd better not sell my 1986 Volvo 240 wagon just yet. :eek:

Sol

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2003
Australia
I'll tell you why not Coke...

A lot of people seem to be dissapointed that Apple and Pepsi are working together on this promotion. Being a Cherry Coke drinker myself I feel your pain but there is a very simple explanation about all this: Coke has its own online music store that uses the WMA format.

grouse

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2002
london
I just couldn't resist

I know this is a little more the kinda thing that spymac listeners tune in to but, hell, it only took me a couple of seconds!

Enjoy...

:cool:

Attachments

• pepsi-apple.jpg
    pepsi-apple.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 175

mobility3

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2003
various
divergent product lines

This is one of the most intelligent and well planned campaigns by Apple that I've seen.

Unfortunately it turns my stomach worse than pepsi. I hope they go back to low key monochrome ADs after this. I can associate myself with being a Mac user but not a pepsi drinker (haven't used iTunes download yet).

Maybe I will start to distinguish more between iTunes as a product line and other Mac products.

nothing more rolls with the times than business.

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
Re: divergent product lines

Originally posted by mobility3
This is one of the most intelligent and well planned campaigns by Apple that I've seen.

Unfortunately it turns my stomach worse than pepsi. I hope they go back to low key monochrome ADs after this. I can associate myself with being a Mac user but not a pepsi drinker (haven't used iTunes download yet).

Maybe I will start to distinguish more between iTunes as a product line and other Mac products.

nothing more rolls with the times than business.

Problem is, it's not an Apple ad. The ad is done by Pepsi, and, quoting the contest rules (not word for word) "Apple is not a sponsor of this promotion" or something to that extent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.