• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

091648-iad_icon.jpg

Apple today announced that it will be bringing its iAd mobile advertising platform to the UK and France next month, with Germany set to follow in January. A number of high-profile European companies have already signed on to the program.
Apple today announced it will expand its revolutionary iAd mobile advertising network to the UK and France this December, with Germany to follow in January. iAd will launch in Europe with iAds from L’Oréal, Renault, Louis Vuitton, Nespresso, Perrier, Unilever, Citi, Evian, LG Display, AB InBev, Turkish Airlines and Absolute Radio.
According to the press release, more than half of the top 25 advertisers in the United States have signed since the iAd program launched earlier this year, and Apple is projected to take 21% of the mobile display advertising market for 2010.
"We're thrilled to add leading global brands to the iAd Network in Europe and create even more great opportunities for developers," said Andy Miller, Apple's vice president of iAd. "In just four months, we've doubled the number of advertisers on the network and thousands of developers now have a valuable new source of revenue."
Just last week, Apple announced that it has partnered with major Japanese advertising agency Dentsu to bring iAds to that country early next year.

Article Link: Apple Announces December Launch for iAd in Europe

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Lucky them ( NOT).

I still have yet to see an iAd. If I see an app is ladened with iAds, I uninstall it or avoid like plague.

Comment

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
+2

Seriously...Apple...get your schniznitz together and release 4.2 for iPad.

iAds in Europe....NOBODY cares!

Steve

Developers care. Just because something doesn't apply to you doesn't mean Apple shouldn't announce it. I can assure you there are many that couldn't care less about iOS 4.2, myself being one of them. :p

Comment

shartypants

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Seriously...Apple...get your schniznitz together and release 4.2 for iPad.
Steve

I am seeing more and more apps being updated that say they support 4.2, so seems like it should be any day now, but where is it?? There must be a bug they are trying to fix, otherwise they wouldn't hold up a GM.

Comment

ten-oak-druid

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2010
Lucky them ( NOT).

I still have yet to see an iAd. If I see an app is ladened with iAds, I uninstall it or avoid like plague.

There was a story about some app developers making more money from iAd than outright sales. It makes sense as the revenue of popular apps would keep coming in over time. I like the idea of buying software outright without the ads myself. But I can see this as a good thing for people who want free apps and the developers making a little more money.

I wonder though if the purchase price of popular apps will increase significantly now? If the developers make more money with free apps using iAd then the incentive to sell them for a dollar or two goes away.

Comment

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Folks, captain obvious says: 4.2 are under refinement. It'll be released when ready.

Comment

chagla

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2008
"free" apps will come with a bonus now!
this is will (once again) revolutionize the way we view ads. it will be magical.
:rolleyes:

Comment

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
"free" apps will come with a bonus now!
this is will (once again) revolutionize the way we view ads. it will be magical.
:rolleyes:

Well, rather than rolling your eyes with nonsense comments, just pay for the app and you'll be relinquished of those lovely iAds. In other words don't be a cheapskate. ;)

Comment

iDisk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2010
Menlo Park, CA
Europe should be honored

Europe will finally get a taste of History. Not to mention experience the future in mobile and desktop ads and much later Tv ads.

iAds

Bruce

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.