Apple Announces New Apple Watch Sport Bands and Gold and Rose Gold Finishes

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

At today's media event in San Francisco, Apple confirmed two previous rumors by announcing a new line of Apple Watch Sport band colors alongside a new array of metal finishes for the Sport line. Although they were touched on briefly, the new Sport bands were said to be part of a "Fall collection" and will portray softer and darker colors than the bright, neon line of Sport bands Apple put out in the Spring.

Apple updated its storefront shortly after the event ended with the full list of new Sport band colors available to buy for the Apple Watch. They include: Walnut, Stone, Antique, Fog, Turquoise, Midnight Blue, Vintage Rose, Lavender, Orange, and (Product) Red.

These were announced alongside two new finishes in anodized aluminum -- gold and rose gold -- for the Sport version of the Apple Watch that will allow customers the option of a less-expensive gold finish. There's also a brand new Space Black stainless steel Apple Watch with Black Sport band, a Saddle Brown classic buckle band, and a new classic leather band with a two-tone look. The (Product) Red sport band was confirmed earlier today.

All of the new Apple Watch models and band options are available for purchase beginning today from Apple's online storefront.

Article Link: Apple Announces New Apple Watch Sport Bands and Gold and Rose Gold Finishes

Reactions: Aman122

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
Well the anodized gold is a stop-gap measure to allow those who will not wear silver jewelry or accessories. But they still aren't offering a "dress" version in gold. I wonder if we'll see that in February, presumably after the limited Edition has sold out, or if they will wait until Watch 2.

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
Love to see the demographics summary for these colors. I'm sure selection was more than randomly opening a Pantone color sample book and throwing your finger down on the opened page.

Reactions: fullauto

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
Funny how the new Gold/Rose Gold sport SKUs mirror the color choices of the Edition (e.g. Gold w/ Midnight Blue band, Rose Gold w/ pink band).

Reactions: Apple Human

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Just wow, reading through all these new apple product threads I've never seen sooo many trolls come out from under the bridge. macrumors is a hate site right now.

Derekuda

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2004
And all together everyone said... "WHO CARES!!!!" The apple watch is a failure. Make sure you use the hashtag.. #AppleFail

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
I honest though the Apple Watch apps (especially the medical stuff) were easily the most revolutionary at the show. The iPhone was the least exciting.
Same here. I have done a lot of medical device design and it is amazing how resistant these manufactures are not having their data go off their devices. HIPPA has helped out but, for now, it is turning into a health data harvesting war where the lesser known parts of ObamaCare is meddling into the market.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
And all together everyone said... "WHO CARES!!!!" The apple watch is a failure. Make sure you use the hashtag.. #AppleFail

Lol!! But yet here you all are and proudfully so, all up in the Apple like little worms all snuggled in and refusing to go anywhere. It's crazy.

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
They sell ~2.2 million watches, fall short of some "expert" demand for 3 million watches and it is a failure. That is like punishing a hitter for batting 0.295 and not hitting 0.300. Love it or hate it, the Apple Watch is here to stay and you will see later generations as you have seen generations of Apple TV.

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
Funny how the new Gold/Rose Gold sport SKUs mirror the color choices of the Edition (e.g. Gold w/ Midnight Blue band, Rose Gold w/ pink band).
Temped to call this "Apple Edition Poser" or "Apple Edition post-Hipster" versions.

CarlJ

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
So I got tired flipping back and forth between pictures, so I did this...

It skips orange (because I hate orange - sorry - and needed to get down to 3x3), and it leaves off the light blue, which looks like the original blue, but says "new" on the watch sport lineup (don't know if it's slightly different or the page is incorrect). Also noticed they dropped green. Anyway, all (most) in one place:

P.S. I want a Space Gray Milanese Loop.

image.jpg

jakefloyd

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2013
They sell ~2.2 million watches, fall short of some "expert" demand for 3 million watches and it is a failure. That is like punishing a hitter for batting 0.295 and not hitting 0.300. Love it or hate it, the Apple Watch is here to stay and you will see later generations as you have seen generations of Apple TV.

*0.220 ;)

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
You missed the point. It is quite easy for someone fail anyone by setting an unreasonable goals. For example ...

Early in my career, I had this near retirement, Ph.D-type of a manager with a lot of business failures in his past. I come in, he gives me this rediculus deadline to make a specific piece of communications software work in a week. I get on-line, find example source code, integrated it in and get it working. Most of the place is over the top that I got this system working. Except for my manager, he in fact looked sad and sulked with news of the goal made. This was the beginning of a "never good enough" for the guy as I kept on producing.

In short, the manager was attempting to set me up for failure constantly trying to "knock me down to size" of his level of failure. I fought back by digging into his personal life, found some really illegal and immoral activity, then notified personnel and he was removed from the company after all the legal ducks were in order. That's how you deal with the man if he doesn't support you.

xitongzou

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2013
Apple just ran the bus over all their customers who paid $10k for the real gold watch. The whole point was that its gold right? Now people can buy a cheaper one and no one can tell the difference from afar.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
Apple just ran the bus over all their customers who paid $10k for the real gold watch. The whole point was that its gold right? Now people can buy a cheaper one and no one can tell the difference from afar.

Yep! It was that logic that had me convinced they would never do this. I will eat my words on this one.

I wonder how many people will be selling their watches now to pick up one of the new colors. I went with the SS and had no desire for the SS black (which I'm glad is now available at the normal price versus being paired only with the most expensive band) so I am lucky. But I would imagine many Sports watch buyers will want the gold. I predict a flurry of watches to hit eBay and Craigslist this week..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.