Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has announced the addition of a pink 8GB iPod nano to its lineup.

090025-pink.png

The much-requested pink iPod nano is available immediately in an 8GB model for $199. iPod nano features a two-inch display which lets users watch the brand new iTunes(R) Movie Rentals, or TV shows and music videos purchased from the iTunes Store. iPod nano delivers up to 24 hours of audio playback or five hours of video playback on a single charge* and is encased in a beautiful all-metal design made with anodized aluminum and polished stainless steel, which is also available in silver, black, blue, green and a (PRODUCT) RED special edition.

The pink iPod nano is available worldwide immediately, however so far only the US Apple Store has been updated. We have heard that some UK retailers have already received stock.

Article Link

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
So is this Andrea's idea, or does it have something to do about a pink Zune?

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
Uh, wow. That was random/unexpected. I wish they'd bring back the blue & green too.

But let me be the first to say NEW MBP!!!!!1! COMEON!!!!

emotion

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2004
Manchester, UK
Given the Apple TV is subsidised by movie rentals (hence price drop). When do we see a price drop for iPods/iPhone too?

btw. a pink metallic Macbook (not necessarily Pro) would sell like hot cakes.

Darkroom

Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
Given the Apple TV is subsidised by movie rentals (hence price drop). When do we see a price drop for iPods/iPhone too?

you can pour some pepto bismol over your macbook and let it stain overnight... voila! pink macbook.

MacSamurai

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2006
hmm this should have been done for something like project red but for breast cancer instead of aids...

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006

I believe Apple has to pay the RIAA some money for each iPod sold. Steve said himself that most iPods have pirated music on them because people are fed up with DRM so much. You also pay that fee when you buy a CD or DVD burning drive.

There are neat transparent snap on cases for Macbook. They make it a little thicker but it's a neat protection and it looks pretty neat. Just google "macbook" and "case".

timtam

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2007
BaLi
And how much of each sale is being donated to Breast Cancer Research?

Thats the same question that comes in my mind. whether this valentine product would contributes something to the Breast Cancer Research? Just my two cents ;).

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
... pepto bismol...
I didn't want to say it, but that was my first thought when I saw the pink they've used with this nano. Though to be fair, maybe it looks better in person. :p

hmm this should have been done for something like project red but for breast cancer instead of aids...
Actually, Target had a pink iPod shuffle promo that did give proceeds to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation-- pink shuffle and a $15 iTMS GC were packaged together in giant blister-pack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.