Apple Aperture compatible with Sierra?

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by Noctilux.95, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Noctilux.95 macrumors 6502

I'm still on Yosemite fearing updating would make my Aperture libraries irrelevant. Can someone confirm if Aperture works on Sierra?
    I do plan on moving to Lightroom soon but have many projects to finish before making the move.

Thanks!

2. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman

Do you have Aperture?

Why don't you trying installing it, and report back to us if it works for you?

Suggestion:
    BEFORE you try the installation, reboot to the recovery partition and disable System Integrity Protection with this terminal command:
    csrutil disable
    Then, reboot.

After installation, you can re-enable SIP with:
    csrutil enable

…and then, reboot again.

3. MacInTO macrumors 65816

MacInTO

These are my links. :/

Since I did that, I moved back to El Capitan. I'm wondering if anyone has tried Aperture on Sierra since then?

I'm going to install a second hard drive and try Aperture again on Sierra it this weekend.

4. Precision Gem macrumors 6502

Precision Gem

I am running Sierra, and also Aperture. There seems to be no issues for me. I really like Aperture, and would hate to loose it someday.

5. Zandery macrumors member

I used Aperture briefly on Sierra and I didn't have issues as far as I recall but it was laggy and I kept getting beachball for some reason (didn't get beachball anywhere else).

Maybe wait until you finish your projects in Aperture before upgrading and then switch to Lightroom with the upgrade?

6. Crazy Badger macrumors 65816

Crazy Badger

Working fine for me, although it's only a matter of time before a macOS update kills it forever :(