Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

outskirtsofinfinity

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2017
Calgary
Are you sure? Then why didn't they simply say "as soon as our engineering team became aware of the bug..."?

I'm pretty sure the engineering team was already aware of the bug, and already working frantically on fixing it in secret...
I think we could safely say that is apocryphal. :)

It's just a bit too detailed to be merely apocryphal. It even describes "The small drop of aerosolized, Jobsian spittle landing in his right eye". You just can't make this up. http://vanshardware.com/2010/07/the-legend-of-apples-steve-jobs/

ravenstar

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
Jobs was the master of that, ask anyone who worked for him. Did a few sneak through, of course, but not every release as we are seeing now. And when these bugs did happen there was a price to pay and everyone knew what it was.

Oh my, how memory is a fickle thing. This mythical perfect Apple you dream about never existed. It was very common even when Jobs was in charge for users to wait weeks or months before updating their Macs until the major bugs in the latest OS were worked out. I don't know where people get this idea that Apple was perfect under Jobs. There's nothing special about the bugs found now except there are many more Apple customers.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
They aren’t going to release 12.2 as the bug fix release.

I didn't say that, the fix will be 12.1.4 whenever it is ready. I just assumed the latest 12.2 beta would have fixed it, which isn't clear if it does or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.