Apple Arcade Adds Five New Games for iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Arcade today gained five new games for the iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV:Decoherence by Efecto Studios: A strategy game that tasks players with building robots and planning a battle strategy for victory.
INMOST by Chucklefish: An atmospheric, story-driven puzzle platformer following three playable characters within one dark, interconnecting story.
Mind Symphony by Rogue Games: A classic shoot-'em-up game with both an intense, fast-pace mode and a calm mode with peaceful, rhythmic interactions focused on relaxation.
ShockRods by Stainless Games: A vehicle-based arena shooter where players score points by shooting opponents, achieving objectives, scoring goals, stealing the other team's flag, or dealing the most destruction.
Stela by SkyBox Labs: A cinematic, atmospheric platformer about a young woman witnessing the final days of a mysterious ancient world.

Apple Arcade also added two more games for the Mac on Thursday:Pilgrims by Amanita Design: A playful adventure game in which players roam the land and solve various tasks using dozens of items and unique characters, and without being obliged to follow a single designated path.
Shantae and the Seven Sirens by WayForward: Traverse a vast, interconnected undersea world, make new Half-Genie friends, and battle the Seven Sirens as part of an all-new tropical adventure.Trailers for some of the games:

Apple Arcade is Apple's new subscription-based gaming service, providing iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Mac users with access to dozens of games with no in-app purchases or ads for $4.99 per month. With these additions, Apple Arcade now has a total of 80 games for iOS and tvOS, while there are 61 games for the Mac.

Apple Arcade officially launched on September 19 for iPhone and iPad, although some users were able to access the service a few days early. Either way, the one-month free trial period will soon come to an end for early adopters.

Article Link: Apple Arcade Adds Five New Games for iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV

FloatingBones

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Were any games dropped from the Apple Arcade?

Have any reporters asked Apple if/how/when apps will be dropped from the Arcade?

Does Apple announce/publish any information about the popularity of particular apps?

What do developers in the Arcade think it so far? Have any made comments, or are they under an Apple NDA?

Justanotherfanboy

Suspended
Jul 3, 2018
I think this article is outdated...

I beat Pilgrim two days ago, after playing it for a day or two.
It’s awesome; I loved it.

Lol, I think the full title reads something like: “the pilgrim, the witch, the devil, & the vicar”.
It had great humor, art, mechanics, and gameplay.

edit:
Whoops, article states game is now on MacOS as well; I played iPadOS version

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place

Have any reporters asked Apple if/how/when apps will be dropped from the Arcade?

Does Apple announce/publish any information about the popularity of particular apps?

What do developers in the Arcade think it so far? Have any made comments, or are they under an Apple NDA?
Well, okay. Looks like someone is trying to work their way up to asking the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. Keep going... you're almost there.

Message to forum: Do not spoil the answer for this man. There are 42 reasons to let him keep questioning. :D

darkslide29

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2011
San Francisco, California

I know this doesn't answer your questions, but I share many of your concerns. On the one hand, it's nice to see games being added so frequently. But it is a bit of a shame that Apple Arcade games are being released with no announcement or anything like that, and requires journalists or consumers to notice by accident. For example, last Saturday evening four games were released with no announcement or post, and have to be hunted for or noticed in the App Store. I'm afraid that good games or developers who deserve attention may inadvertently stay hidden.

It is so great for Apple to allow Xbox and PS4 controllers, and the cloud saves between iOS/iPadOS/tvOS/MacOS is a gamer's dream come true. With the iPad Pro 2018 having Xbox One S like benchmarks (and then next refresh to the AppleTV rumored to have the same chip set), they can have really respectable games moving forward on the platform. I really don't want them to screw this up.

Macrumors, thank you for this heads up article with the videos. I hope we get these regularly from you when new games release.

- - Post merged: - -

I signed up for the free trial, realized it was useless, and need to cancel before I get charged.
Just a reminder that when you do cancel, it is an immediate cancel. It doesn't continue through the end of the 30 days. Too bad that you found it useless. So far, it feels like a really nice value for $5 (or less if you stock up on credit when it goes on sale). I don't know what kind of games you usually play (if any), but the games available do spread across many different genres.

Last edited:
Reactions: sugargliderdude

agsystems

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2013
I signed up for the free trial, realized it was useless, and need to cancel before I get charged.
uh too bad you didn't find anything of value - my two boys are freaking loving it - they play while I am driving them to school - later in the day they continue in their iPads or Apple TV -

I actually don't know what you can get from Apple for $5 that provides this much value.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
uh too bad you didn't find anything of value - my two boys are freaking loving it - they play while I am driving them to school - later in the day they continue in their iPads or Apple TV -

I actually don't know what you can get from Apple for $5 that provides this much value.
I have not shown it to my two boys yet. However, for us they are not allowed on screens on drives under 1 hour.

Reactions: keys

norm2816

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2016
Does anyone know if Oceanhorn 2 will be available on the Mac ? it's unplayable on the 4th generation Apple TV ! and I don't want to play a gorgeous looking game on a small display such as the iPhone.

Reactions: Lionel Messi

MarkB786

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
Rocky Mountains, USA
I've played around with a few games, and have not been impressed yet. The ones I have tried have been shallow and brainless. Can anyone recommend a brainy mystery game or puzzle game??

Reactions: Huck

star-affinity

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2007
Does anyone know if Oceanhorn 2 will be available on the Mac ? it's unplayable on the 4th generation Apple TV ! and I don't want to play a gorgeous looking game on a small display such as the iPhone.
I think the ”deal” with Apple Arcade is that all games will eventually be available on the Mac too.

vOne1

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2018
MrMacRight reviews quite a few Apple TV games every now and then. If your looking for what is new, maybe take a look here.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
I'll give it a try..at some point, hey it's a free trial.
But highly doubt I'll keep that and get charged every month. I admit, I barely play my PS4 anymore.

I'll wait for more games.

darkslide29

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2011
San Francisco, California
The developer site shows Mac as a platform I think? So maybe soon... https://www.cornfox.com/oceanhorn-2

Just curious what makes it unplayable? I haven't tried it myself, but is the ATV 4th gen just not powerful enough? I have read rumors that the next ATV should use the chipset found in the current iPad Pro (2018).

I have a Mac Mini 2018 with integrated graphics, and when I tried playing Sayonara Wild Hearts on it (works nicely on ATV or my iPhone XS Max), it stutters consistently every 5 seconds or so. No idea if it's the Mac Mini not being able to handle it full screen, or some other reason. I guess I'll need to read supported or recommended devices more carefully.

Simmias

macrumors member
May 22, 2010
Same here. Despite the apparent diversity of titles, the games all shared a certain indie flavor that I just didn't like - cutesy, story heavy, faux painted look, childish. I'm not quite sure how to characterize these games but none of the 10 or so I tried grabbed me enough to continue playing.

Reactions: Huck and nvmls

writevli

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2013
Brussels, Belgium
Stella is good. So good, I've downloaded it at this post and finished it. Which is something unfortunate with all Apple Arcade games, they're way too short.

Stella is missing a story though, could've been as good as Play Inside :/

Reactions: insomniac86