Apple ask to test Push Notification service

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by feri, May 18, 2009.

1. feri macrumors newbie

Apr 29, 2008
    London, UK
    Today apple sent a letter and ask to test the Push service with a test version of AP app:

2. vilasgn macrumors regular

Aug 12, 2008
    I too got the notification...

to test AP News app for Push Notification :)
  3. the-sandman macrumors regular

Apr 17, 2009
    Leicester, UK
    It sounds like a great idea, apart from the problem that you can only redeem the code on the US store with a US account. boo :(
  4. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Feb 2, 2009
    Did only a certain amount of devs get this? I got nothing. :(
  5. gazzer82 macrumors regular

Jul 8, 2008
    Yeah that US store only thing is a real PITA, however it is massively easy to open a US account from another country.

I have the app installed and push turned on. Haven't had it make a peep yet though, but i guess i still have 46 hours to go!!
  6. feri thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 29, 2008
    London, UK
    ... me too, not yet any Notification!
  7. Sleepyyet macrumors member

Jun 9, 2008
    iPhone is stuck on apple logo after installing AP push app

Hey guys, Im a registered developer and like all of you, received the email from Apple in regards to downloading the "push" app from the App store. Well I downloaded the app and now my phone will not reboot. It is suck on the apple logo and I dont know how to continue from here. Ive tried several times rebooting but to no avail. Any help? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
  8. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Feb 2, 2009
    I didn't.:(
  9. ijohnw macrumors regular

Jul 3, 2008
    Eastern NC
    I haven't got anything still hoping my name is at the end of the list and I will eventually get this email...

Any developer outside the US not using their code? Let me know...would love to try it out..
  10. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Feb 2, 2009
    Me too. I have a US account.
  11. xxxharleyrider macrumors newbie

Sep 12, 2008
    Me too

Anyone with a code they are not using?...I would love to try it out
  12. Woomy123 macrumors regular

May 12, 2009
    i just got sent the code too, but i dont have a US account this is BULL, why is this only to the US, apple are such a bunch of A HOLES
  13. fsufan1200 macrumors newbie

Apr 11, 2009
    Central Florida
    I Loaded It On My Device, And It's Working Great! I Have Received Several Pushed Alerts Already.......

Seems Like 3.0 Is Getting Close!!

14. efice32 macrumors 6502

Nov 3, 2008
    Music City USA
    I got the email when I was away from my computer and tried to redeem the code on my phone through the iTMS said I did it correctly and to go into iTunes when I was at my computer and click "Check for Available Downloads" and it would download properly. The problem is that when I check for any available downloads, iTunes says I have none. I tried re-redeeming the code from the desktop iTunes and it says the code has already been redeemed. I'm stuck in App Store limbo.

Ironic that using the iPhone to redeem a code for an iPhone app has caused an issue.
  15. wildonrio macrumors 6502

Aug 15, 2008
    Is the code the same for everyone? If so, what is it?
  16. Raidel macrumors member

Mar 25, 2009
    I did the same thing as you. But I haven't gotten to my computer yet. But I went to my last page of apps and I saw the AP news app there. I did redeem it using the iTunes on my phone.
  17. dseig001 macrumors member

Apr 28, 2009
    I didn't get an email - and I'm a registered developer too.
  18. Cap41 macrumors 6502

Nov 19, 2008
    What is the name of the app? i cant find it...I have a US account. I cant find any push email apps
  19. efice32 macrumors 6502

Nov 3, 2008
    Music City USA
    #19're right. It's there for me too. I didn't even notice it because it created a new page of apps for me.
  20. pavvento macrumors 6502

Jun 3, 2007
    Can you share in detail what it's like? Does the phone vibrate and a badge pop up on the AP app? When you open the app does it first show the notification etc.

21. kdarling macrumors demi-god

Jun 9, 2007
    First university coding class = 46 years ago
    What kind were they? Badges, popups, sounds?
  22. ViPa macrumors 6502a

Dec 4, 2007
    they show up like text message vibrates and you think you have a text..but its a push notification..i got one about bill clinton or something
  23. Woomy123 macrumors regular

May 12, 2009
    great due to the testing of this app, we now know we won't see a new beta update till next week :mad:
  24. eyefoniac macrumors 6502

Nov 21, 2008
    Everywhere and nowhere
    You can turn off the parts you don't like. For instance, I only have the badges on.
  25. mavis macrumors 68040

Jul 30, 2007
    Tokyo, Japan
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A312g Safari/528.16)

Yup, I was thinking the same thing. It's a damn shame too, considering what a steaming pile of **** beta 5 is ... :(