Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
We have a few people in retail who came over from AHA. Mostly they come to retail because they tire of working from home (miss the social contact) or they tire of tier 1 iOS. Good luck switching to CPU. Have you considered being an Apple Certified Support Professional?

One of the downsides to working from home is that you never get that feeling of being a part of something. The 10' commute to work is nice but I had a lot more fun when I worked with a team that was able to sit together and bounce ideas around.

I'm not sure how exactly to go about switching to CPU. The internal job site only shows AHA and not specific queues. Also, my manager started about the same time I did and hasn't been around long enough to have a handle on how things work internally.

I thought about getting an Apple cert. but if I was going to focus on getting any certs they would be ones that actually had value, e.g. Cisco. An Apple cert. and $3.00 would get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. They have no value whatsoever unless you work in an Apple store or on one of the campuses.

The other thing I noticed is that you can only go so far as an AHA. Tier 2, trainer, manager... that's it. If you really want to advance beyond being a phone jockey you have to be within commuting distance to one of their campuses.

applechic

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
AHA for bilingual poisition

I applied for AHA fluent in Japanese position since many offers are posted on the apple career site now.

I have worked in a tech support field where it was required to speak both Eng and Japanese so hope this experience will increase my chance..

I heard that the process is little different for the bilingual position for AHA. Is there anyone who applied for the same position who can share the information regarding about the process.?

SuthrnBell

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
My interview is tomorrow morning. Gosh, I am sooooo nervous about this! Frantically cleaning to make sure everything behind me looks spotless, LOL.

10IC

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
SuthrnBell, if you don't mind me asking, when did you apply? Just seeing if I should forget about getting an e-mail/call or see if I might still have some hope :)

SuthrnBell

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
SuthrnBell, if you don't mind me asking, when did you apply? Just seeing if I should forget about getting an e-mail/call or see if I might still have some hope :)

I applied on 1/18 and received the 12 question email on the 1/21. Within hours of submitting the email I received a phone call. I'm assuming that was the 1st initial phone interview as she asked a few questions (What is hardware? What is an Operating System?) and then scheduled me for a Skype interview.

10IC

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
I applied about 4 days ago. Fingers crossed. Maybe I'll try a different cover letter. Good luck on your interview!!!

Leetmoaf

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2013
Just received my call for the March 4th training.

same question?

If you don't mind me asking when did you fill out your hireright BRC? I'm just waiting on a call as well my BRC completed last week.

Im pretty patient person usually, but the suspense is killing me. lol

Last edited:

10IC

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
Did y'all do a cover letter? Trying to figure out why my application is getting looked over or turned down :(

Leetmoaf

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2013
I submitted mine on the 16th, and it cleared on the 25th. I'm also waiting for the call. Good luck!

Good luck as well!! Ill post back once i get my call.

----------

Did y'all do a cover letter? Trying to figure out why my application is getting looked over or turned down :(

Yes i did a cover letter. it took them approx three months to respond to my application.

jen2k13

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2013
i just had final interview with team manager..it seem to go well and she said i should hear something back from my recruiter in two weeks for the march 18th training..no hireright or anything was mentioned...i guess this could be bad news because it seems like most of you were told u would be recieving the background check email....ugh

Ipadmania002

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
i just had final interview with team manager..it seem to go well and she said i should hear something back from my recruiter in two weeks for the march 18th training..no hireright or anything was mentioned...i guess this could be bad news because it seems like most of you were told u would be recieving the background check email....ugh

Not to be rude, but when I applied for this position 3 month ago, I got to the team manager interview as well then I was told I would hear within 2 weeks for the specified training date. I got the thanks for playing email after 4 days later... I think you mostly likely will receive a BC few hours after the final interview if you are getting hired. Thats the impression I had looking over the posts here...
I am now applying again... lets not give up since this job seems to be available frequently.

appleEater1

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
i just had final interview with team manager..it seem to go well and she said i should hear something back from
my recruiter in two weeks for the march 18th training..no hireright or anything was mentioned...i guess this could be bad news because it seems like most of you were told u would be recieving the background check email....ugh

No mine just said I should hear from hr with in 2-3 days

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2007
My girlfriend just applied for this yesterday. Has anyone heard something back without having a cover letter? She has years of experience with customer service and sales, but she didn't create a cover letter back. I'm sure it will help the chances of becoming noticed, but I was just wondering if anyone has heard something back that did NOT include a cover letter.

Thanks!

macrobatt

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
third interview over now the waiting begins I hope the good email comes quick.

----------

forgot to ask if any one has any recent time lines from third interview to hire right BRC thanks in advance

Last edited:

pgizzle

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2012
Third interview: January 15, 9 AM
Received Hireright email for background check: Jan 16
Report was completed: Jan 23
Received offer call: Jan 28

jen2k13

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2013
No mine just said I should hear from hr with in 2-3 days

thanks for the reply and info appleEater, i guess i didnt do too bad i just recieved the email from hireright this morning for the background check! whewww.....now begins the waiting game...good luck with yours as well

----------

My girlfriend just applied for this yesterday. Has anyone heard something back without having a cover letter? She has years of experience with customer service and sales, but she didn't create a cover letter back. I'm sure it will help the chances of becoming noticed, but I was just wondering if anyone has heard something back that did NOT include a cover letter.

Thanks!

i didnt use a cover letter and got a response..i just finished my third interview yesterday and got the hireright background check email today so i dont think it's really necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.