Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vdubbeet

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2012
Had my 1st phone interview with recruiter

last Friday the 25th which was just a couple customer service questions and 2 very basic technical questions. 1) if you were talking to someone who isn't a technical person, how would you describe a hard drive? 2) what are some peripherals? Easy. We then talked for a few minutes and she said she'd refer me to more on to a more lengthy interview with another recruiter for today at 10:45 am PST. I was going to do a FaceTime interview however, I'm out of town as I attended my cousin's funeral and will be driving back home during the interview time tomorrow so Thursday night, I sent an email to the recruiter asking if I'm able to have just a phone interview tomorrow instead of FaceTime and I explained the situation. Waiting to hear back. This is a Pro position with Apple not a student position. During my conversation last week, I learned approximately how much I would be making, that I'd be part-time to start with the possibility of having 40+ hours during peak times and that if I got the job I'd start in the middle of March for 4-5 weeks of training. I submitted my application online in October so it has taken them quite awhile to contact me but hopefully, it will be worth it. Also, does Apple perform drug tests? Any advice you can supply would be most helpful. Thanks.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
last Friday the 25th which was just a couple customer service questions and 2 very basic technical questions. 1) if you were talking to someone who isn't a technical person, how would you describe a hard drive? 2) what are some peripherals? Easy. We then talked for a few minutes and she said she'd refer me to more on to a more lengthy interview with another recruiter for today at 10:45 am PST. I was going to do a FaceTime interview however, I'm out of town as I attended my cousin's funeral and will be driving back home during the interview time tomorrow so Thursday night, I sent an email to the recruiter asking if I'm able to have just a phone interview tomorrow instead of FaceTime and I explained the situation. Waiting to hear back. This is a Pro position with Apple not a student position. During my conversation last week, I learned approximately how much I would be making, that I'd be part-time to start with the possibility of having 40+ hours during peak times and that if I got the job I'd start in the middle of March for 4-5 weeks of training. I submitted my application online in October so it has taken them quite awhile to contact me but hopefully, it will be worth it. Also, does Apple perform drug tests? Any advice you can supply would be most helpful. Thanks.

October? Wow... that's one of the longer hiring timeframes that I've heard of so far. There is no drug test policy that I'm aware of for AHA, which is good since I've had to increase my use of alcohol and various pharmaceuticals just to stay sane while on the phone with 12 year old iPod users.

vdubbeet

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2012
Good luck to everyone who is applying and waiting to hear back.

It's a great place to work and the benefits and perks are amazing.

That's great news, koolaid-drinker! What are the specific benefits and perks if you don't mind me asking? As employees are we able to buy through the Apple Corporate Store (logo items, etc) through the Intranet or is the Corporate Store only available if you're on Cupertino campus? Thanks.

----------

October? Wow... that's one of the longer hiring timeframes that I've heard of so far. There is no drug test policy that I'm aware of for AHA, which is good since I've had to increase my use of alcohol and various pharmaceuticals just to stay sane while on the phone with 12 year old iPod users.

Thanks, AngryGerbil!

Shark232

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
One of the benefits I read about was tuition reimbursement. Can someone tell me more about if apple offers this to AHA and what the amount or policy is on it? Thanks :)

vdubbeet

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2012
Just finished my 2nd interview

Took a bit more than a half an hour. I think it went well but am unsure as I asked her what's the next step and she said she'll present my information to the management team and I should hear something either way in about 3 days. I asked if she felt comfortable recommending me for the next step and she said again, all she could tell me was she'll present my information to the management team. Perhaps I flubbed something during the interview?
Started out casual and comfortable. She asked me about my experience both with call center and technical support since I've done both in the past. I asked her how long she's been with Apple and she just started in Jan. She asked me about my current position which is complete technical support both remotely and in person. Asked how I would be empathetic to a customer on the phone. Roll played one example where she was a college student who was on her way to class with her MBP, fell and now the power won't turn on. She asked what I would say (perhaps this is where I blew it, too)? I said the first thing I would ask is if she is physically okay then she stopped me and said, "I'm good with that answer". Somewhere along the line, we discussed active listening, I think perhaps I brought it up. I hope that was a good thing! She asked me how I would explain RAM to a customer. I answered, "I've explained RAM to clients before as it being the memory part of your brain. The more memory available in your brain, the faster you're able to process information". Quite frankly, I was prepared for this answer but somehow the answer got lost in my limited RAM (lol). Also asked for what RAM stood. Random Access Memory. She asked me what questions I had and they were mostly regarding career pathing. If I start out at a PT iOS support person, how do I move along and advance my career. She gave me interesting information such as you have to be in your position for at least a year. That there might possibly be rotations available after that year to try different departments and different positions, etc. (Hope that's not where I blew the interview). Asked if being ACSP certified is something Apple supports with regard to encouraging employees to get their certification and if it is reimbursed by the company. She said it wasn't necessarily required or encouraged because their training program is so extensive but people do have them. She could not cover the reimbursement part right now because I have not been extended an offer. That was about it. Fingers and toes crossed. Sending out lots of positive energy. Any feedback you can provide would be much helpful. Will report back when/if I hear back from Apple. Thanks folks.

Leetmoaf

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2013
Took a bit more than a half an hour. I think it went well but am unsure as I asked her what's the next step and she said she'll present my information to the management team and I should hear something either way in about 3 days. I asked if she felt comfortable recommending me for the next step and she said again, all she could tell me was she'll present my information to the management team. Perhaps I flubbed something during the interview? .........................

Sounds normal to me!! Congrats! should be expecting the hireright email!! Im still playing the waiting game myself as my hireright completed and has been back with apple for just over a week now.

macrobatt

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
OK well BRC is back and squeaky clean got a call yesterday verifying info for dates of employment. provided with no problems(was a little off on exact dates) criminal background is perfectly clean. I was hoping when i saw the mother ship calling yesterday that it was the good news call but i suppose i must wait and keep checking my email hoping to not see the thanks for playing email:eek:

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
There is an employee purchase website. Since we get no official ID badge, that is the only way to purchase items on employee discount. It's just like the regular Apple Online Store, you can either have your items shipped or pick them up at a local retail store.

As far as logo items, I assume you mean Apple apparel and goodies. There is no opportunity to purchase items like that, although they same to send out freebies occasionally. Since you have no ID, you're not going to be able to get onto a campus anywhere.

You can go onto any of the campus.
They will issue a temp badge.

vdubbeet

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2012
Took a bit more than a half an hour. I think it went well but am unsure as I asked her what's the next step and she said she'll present my information to the management team and I should hear something either way in about 3 days. I asked if she felt comfortable recommending me for the next step and she said again, all she could tell me was she'll present my information to the management team. Perhaps I flubbed something during the interview?
Started out casual and comfortable. She asked me about my experience both with call center and technical support since I've done both in the past. I asked her how long she's been with Apple and she just started in Jan. She asked me about my current position which is complete technical support both remotely and in person. Asked how I would be empathetic to a customer on the phone. Roll played one example where she was a college student who was on her way to class with her MBP, fell and now the power won't turn on. She asked what I would say (perhaps this is where I blew it, too)? I said the first thing I would ask is if she is physically okay then she stopped me and said, "I'm good with that answer". Somewhere along the line, we discussed active listening, I think perhaps I brought it up. I hope that was a good thing! She asked me how I would explain RAM to a customer. I answered, "I've explained RAM to clients before as it being the memory part of your brain. The more memory available in your brain, the faster you're able to process information". Quite frankly, I was prepared for this answer but somehow the answer got lost in my limited RAM (lol). Also asked for what RAM stood. Random Access Memory. She asked me what questions I had and they were mostly regarding career pathing. If I start out at a PT iOS support person, how do I move along and advance my career. She gave me interesting information such as you have to be in your position for at least a year. That there might possibly be rotations available after that year to try different departments and different positions, etc. (Hope that's not where I blew the interview). Asked if being ACSP certified is something Apple supports with regard to encouraging employees to get their certification and if it is reimbursed by the company. She said it wasn't necessarily required or encouraged because their training program is so extensive but people do have them. She could not cover the reimbursement part right now because I have not been extended an offer. That was about it. Fingers and toes crossed. Sending out lots of positive energy. Any feedback you can provide would be much helpful. Will report back when/if I hear back from Apple. Thanks folks.
Whew. . .just received the email to complete the application to schedule the next interview :) My start date would be 3/18 which just happens to be my best friend's birthday! I wish everyone the best. I'll post back before and after my next (and hopefully final) interview.

----------

You can go onto any of the campus.
They will issue a temp badge.
Bummed about the apparel and goodies. But I will be thrilled to work there :)

Leetmoaf

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2013
So i just got off the phone with Hireright. I wanted to request my background check info (they submitted for it to be emailed to me).

They also told me that my BRC was completed last week before the weekend and named one of the recrutiers i have spoken with as to whom they sent it back to. At least im for sure the mother ship has my info as of last week!!!!

Waiting is becoming stressful. Good thing i have a trip to take this weekend to keep my mind off of it :)

As Koolaid drinker says I hope im Livin la vida :apple: soon!!!!

Last edited:

vdubbeet

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2012
OK well BRC is back and squeaky clean got a call yesterday verifying info for dates of employment. provided with no problems(was a little off on exact dates) criminal background is perfectly clean. I was hoping when i saw the mother ship calling yesterday that it was the good news call but i suppose i must wait and keep checking my email hoping to not see the thanks for playing email:eek:

Good luck, macrobatt! I'm sure you'll hear welcome aboard very soon.

vdubbeet

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2012
I was told 3/11 on my first and second interview calls. I wonder what the actual date will be.
I bet since they'll be launching something new that they'll have different training sessions starting every week throughout March but that's just a guess. Good luck.

----------

I have an early-2011 MBP with a dead logic board sitting in my home office. About a year ago, Apple quoted me something like $1100 to repair it. A friend spilled coffee all over the keyboard and gave it to me for spare parts as she didn't want to spend the money to have it repaired. Would be incredible if we did receive parts & service discounts. Thanks.

macrobatt

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
Good luck, macrobatt! I'm sure you'll hear welcome aboard very soon.

Thanks much! Heres hoping I get the call here soon I should hear by friday if others time lines hold true. :apple: looking forward to drinking the kool-aid

----------

anyone up for 3/18 had the offer call yet

IceFire

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
I have an early-2011 MBP with a dead logic board sitting in my home office. About a year ago, Apple quoted me something like $1100 to repair it. A friend spilled coffee all over the keyboard and gave it to me for spare parts as she didn't want to spend the money to have it repaired. Would be incredible if we did receive parts & service discounts. Thanks.

Nope, when it comes to service, we're still under the same policies as everyone else.

Pilot DC

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2012

LOL Now that truly made me laugh, and though I'm CPU, I can relate.

macrobatt

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
waiting and waiting.

Okay, I get it now I take back the slight mocking when reading thru the thread. This wait from the background check being complete is starting to really ware on me. the check for me only took 24hours to complete. And yes that was 2 business days ago. I keep checking my email every 30 min hoping not to see the we wish you luck in your future endeavors email. Any one else got calls for 3/18 yet I have only seen one or two so far.

Leetmoaf

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2013
Okay, I get it now I take back the slight mocking when reading thru the thread. This wait from the background check being complete is starting to really ware on me. the check for me only took 24hours to complete. And yes that was 2 business days ago. I keep checking my email every 30 min hoping not to see the we wish you luck in your future endeavors email. Any one else got calls for 3/18 yet I have only seen one or two so far.

Mine completed over a week ago still no call/email. Waiting is so hard but it is a wait well worth it! it completed the 24th or 25th

a friend (undisclosed name) who works there already said they may be getting everyone ready and placing people in certain classes/start dates (IOs or CPU) before making the calls. Who is to say what is actually going on but i thought that info could settle you for a moment.

macrobatt

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
Yeah that's what I was thinking or putting together offer packages ect. I take it as a good sign that we made it thu all the interviews and background check thus far

Leetmoaf

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2013
yes its a good sign!!!! i know what you mean though i have had my phone glued to my side for the past week and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.