Apple/AT&T petition. please sign.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Astro8973, Jun 10, 2008.

1. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Good luck with that... the gears are already in motion. Once a machine like this starts going it's very hard to make it stop...

It's much more effective to vote with your wallet. They reduced the price of the iPhone due to many potential buyers complaining about price. If enough vote with their wallets against these higher data rates then maybe something will happen, but a petition isn't going to do anything...

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

First off with IRU and CRU discounts the iphone plans are actually cheaper. If you don't get a discount, well that kind of sucks.

Second, online petitions never work.

3. DougiesGoinDeep macrumors newbie

Here's an idea for you:

If you are unhappy with Apple/ATT, DON'T BUY IT!

Money talks. Unfortunately there are enough irrational spenders out there that the phone will probably sell just fine.

They don't give a **** about your petition, as long as people are still lining up on July 11.

4. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Im afraid to sign something like this. If grand master ATT finds out who I am they'll take away my Co. discount.:)

5. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

6. coryetzkorn macrumors regular

coryetzkorn

I was just about to make a petition. Thank you for doing this. Even if this does nothing, I want Apple to know that I am dissapointed that they let AT&T charge so much. All I want is 200-500 sms messages included in the $30 data package. Is that reallly too much to ask? I am okay with the increased fee for 3G, but taking away messages is simply unacceptable.

7. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I'm not sure that Apple really had that much to say about AT&T pricing. Do you think other manufacturers complain to them when they change rates?

8. waremaster macrumors 6502

Some of you people here are insane. Can you honestly think that going from EDGE speeds to 3G speeds is not worth anything? People need to grow up. EVERY ISP in the world charges more for increased bandwidth why shouldnt AT&T?

9. gusapple macrumors 6502a

gusapple

Yeah... I guess I am an irrational spender :eek:. But this is true, online petitions won't do much now. It's been decided.

10. joshisradd macrumors newbie

This is so ridiculous! At&t is giving you faster data, faster data = more cost.

Someone should take these names as a hit list.

11. coryetzkorn macrumors regular

coryetzkorn

Very well writted petition. You hit everything right-on and with great clarity. Only thing I would like to see added is the omission of text messages in the $30 data package.

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS

12. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

The new data price is AT&T's standard pricing for smartphones. As it was before, the iPhone wasn't a smartphone, now it is, so now it "qualifies" for the higher cost. If you don't like it, get a first-gen iPhone, they can still be found.

13. phuong macrumors 6502a

well people have to make money in order to stay in business. they decrease your phone price then they must compensate it with other things. have you ever asked yourself how much a comparable device from other manufacturers costs?

if you dont like it then you don't buy it. other people like it, so they line up outside the store to buy it. it' so simple.

14. zeppelin68 macrumors regular

15. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

So you're saying you'd like them to admit they deceived the public, then allow you to take the iphone to other providers, and finally reduce their profit margin on the rate plans? Anything else they can do for you? Maybe a ride on the corporate jet?

16. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

Signed!

Anyone know Steve Job's email? I remember when the iPhone went down in price people emailed him and he gave a $100 credit to those people.

17. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

i don't know if you own an iphone or if you get a discount but on the first gen there are no discounts for plans and on the second gen no word has been mentioned for discounts.

18. zeppelin68 macrumors regular

Sjobs@apple.com or steve@mac.com I think

19. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Read the leaked memo and the various reports from people who talked to ATT customer support.

Old iphone = no discounts
    New iphone = discounts

This is due to the iphone not getting a special rate plan. No revenue sharing, no special rate plans. Therefore the discounts now work on the iphone 3g plan, therefore the new iphone rate plan can in fact be cheaper depending on your discount.

20. admanimal macrumors 68040

The petition says that AT&Ts plans are not competitive with other carriers...is that even true? TMobile, which is the example used in the petition, is at best the same price as AT&T for comparable service.

21. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I signed, but I know it won't do anything... In all reality, how much signature do you think we would have to get to mean ANYTHING? 100,000??

22. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

thats fantastic! hoping for >$20 data plans & >$30 voice lol

23. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Cell phone carriers comparing rates as "competitive" is kinda like ancient Romans and the Hussein brothers competing to see who was less brutal.

I get 3G costing more by itself, but you're forcing everybody to pay premium rates when the coverage in the US is spotty at best. There also isn't an option to do it any cheaper.

Don't start to lecture on "don't buy it!" I'm not going to because that's the only way AT&T will ever get it. Problem is if you don't start screaming at these people, they really don't pay attention.

24. DougiesGoinDeep macrumors newbie

how many people live in areas that will be getting the new iphone? that's your answer. anything short of that will have no effect. people not signing it will still buy and half the people signing it will probably end up with an iphone.