• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following an announcement earlier in the month, Apple today began selling the higher-end Apple Watch Hermès bands separately in its online store. Before today, the only way to get a band from the French lifestyle accessory brand was to buy an Apple Watch collection which included either the Single Tour, Double Tour, or Cuff bands, ranging between $1,100 and $1,500.

Now those who already have an Apple Watch can splurge on the Hermès bands, and choose from an array of new colors including sapphire blue, peacock blue, white and orange. The color options do vary by casing size and band design, however. For the $340 Single Tour bands, the 42mm size is offered in sapphire blue, deer brown, fire orange and black, while 38mm users have additional choices of white and peacock blue.

16457-13328-160407-Hermes-l.jpg

The $490 Double Tour option is aimed at smaller wrists and is available only in 38mm option, but in two regular and long strap lengths. The regular length will be available in white, peacock blue, sapphire blue, tin gray, deer brown and fire orange, while the longer length band comes in deer brown. The $690, 42mm-only Cuff band is still being sold in just the deer brown color option.

Apple has updated its Apple Watch band storefront to include the Hermès collection, but the new page has a few bugs and broken images and links, so users can't fully purchase the bands separately as of yet. Apple began selling the Apple Watch Hermès collections on its website in January, which was an online expansion of its previous exclusivity to select boutique retailers and Apple Store locations. Since the new bands are being sold separately from an Apple Watch, it also appears users who purchase a band only won't get the Hermès exclusive Apple Watch clock face.

Article Link: Apple Begins Selling Apple Watch Hermès Bands Separately in Online Store

street.cory

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2009
Aw Ye, I can't wait to buy a piece of leather for 1500$ and put it on my 375$ watch!! We are living in a golden age! Oh no wait, no that's not good at all.. That's a total ******** rip off. Greedy Apple ware at it agin, Dear Mr cook, maybe shove it up your ass?
Oh yes, Hermes, the brand that sells $700 scarves, $300 ties, $8500 bags, and $4000 watches should sell you a piece of leather at a price that you deem reasonable.

You can find other pieces of leather for much cheaper for your $375 watch.

Or just stop complaining about the price of something you were never going to buy anyway.

Comment

Juggernaut99

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2015
western NY
Aw Ye, I can't wait to buy a piece of leather for 1500$ and put it on my 375$ watch!! We are living in a golden age! Oh no wait, no that's not good at all.. That's a total ******** rip off. Greedy Apple ware at it agin, Dear Mr cook, maybe shove it up your ass?

"Before today, the only way to get a band from the French lifestyle accessory brand was to buy an Apple Watch collection ... ranging between $1,100 and $1,500."

Still a rip off at $340-$690, but I don't think any of the bands themselves cost $1500.

Comment

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio

Really now? This is Hermes we are talking about, they sell handbags for tens of thousands of dollars. This isn't Apple's product they are making and selling, it's from a high end luxury brand.

Comment

Iconoclysm

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Washington, DC

No way watchmakers did this before Apple, right?
[doublepost=1461075357][/doublepost]
I never contemplated that a watch band (made out of leather, of all things), could cost as much as a brand-new Mac. What a wonderous age we live in.
They can cost much more than a brand new Mac, and have since the inception of the Mac.

Comment

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
$1500 is for the watch and band.

band on its own cost from $340... still too expensive imo.

Comment

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
The most expensive one is 650$ and not 1500 !! 1500$ is the most pricer Apple Watch Hermes with cuff

Reactions: Night Spring
Comment

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
As I stated on the previous thread on this topic, this makes the Hermès less exclusive, so in some respects I'm surprised Hermès is doing this, but I guess that means it is selling well enough where they see the possibilities of expanding the band options.

Comment

Karma*Police

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2012
The double tour would make a great gift. So would the rose gold MB... might as well get both... birthday and Christmas shopping for the wife... check! :)

Reactions: GrumpyMom
Comment

zorinlynx

macrumors 604
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I see so many people upset in this thread...

Don't be upset. Be PROUD of Apple and Hermes that they found a way to sucker people with too much money.

Comment

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
The only thing that stops me from getting a link bracelet or an Hermes band is that I do not know if this will be compatible for v.2 or v.3.
I'm sure it will be. Apple has greatly expanded the number of bands and Tim Cook has said that extra bands are popular with buyers. They do not want to anger their customer base by changing the band design so soon.

Reactions: HopefulHumanist
Comment

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I'd rather pay for the watch faces than the bands
It's strange that no one has mentioned this yet. I asked about this when the first announcement about the bands came out. I want the watch face along with the band for that price. Otherwise, it could be a knock off.

Reactions: aawil
Comment

WordsmithMR

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2015
Murica
That sapphire blue is gorgeous. But I am not rich, and have priorities other than matching my watch with a pair of sneakers.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.