macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Not sure if already mentioned but:

Got one before that came in retail box.

Tarzanman

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
You guys sound surprised. Everyone overcharges for mobile phone accessories.

Comment

tremble

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2010
Australia
I noticed this during the Australia release. It was interesting, I bought my iphone from a apple store and there wasn't even a hint of a bumper in sight. However, some of the carriers had bumpers (in these lovely boil in a bag wrappers) which they were providing with each sale.

Comment

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
It looks like they wanted to save on packaging and also so it will be harder to just sell it on ebay etc!!

Comment

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
So suddenly it's not worth $30 since it doesn't come in a pretty package?

Newsflash: it was always a $1 rubberband, packaging or not. Stupid that Apple held back from handing these out; stupid that people wanted them so badly -- like there were not less expensive cases around. I guess bumpers in peasant packaging are not cool. It's like a 2 y.o. who loves the box the toy came in more than the toy itself :D

Comment

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Smart if only because there can be less "returns" to the apple store without the original packaging once they start selling them again.

Comment

Bowsey

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2010
Mine came yesterday in the original Retail packaging. I'm in the UK though.

Comment

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Newsflash: it was always a $1 rubberband...
No. It is well engineered and is similar to a Speck Candyshell case (hard and soft bits). It fits, covers what it's supposed to and doesn't what it's not. There are dollar cases and imitation bumpers floating around that demonstrate poorly designed/made products.

Comment

COSWORTH

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
mine was in original packaging, but the one i bought was shipped in a box, the free one shipped in a bubble wrap envelope

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.