Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mactendo

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2012
Only on Apple Music! Watch 'Didi Chuxing Karaoke' with Dr Dre, 50 cent, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube and others singing exclusively in mandarin all in the same Apple car. English subtitles are sold separately just for $9.95 per song. Gold and rose gold versions are available.

Reactions: GrumpyMom

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
I've been a huge fan of James since he took over the late late show. He is by far my fav host on tv. He's full of energy and has a unique take on things. Great to see him having this success.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Wow, this is almost as good as the beats purchase :p

Didn't Cue already say they're not looking to produce shows - nothing like a unified vision at apple. :rolleyes:

Reactions: GrumpyMom

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I don't think this is really going to do anything for Apple. Especially if Corden isn't the driver/host. It works on TV and with him because it's not a sales vehicle. It also does very well because it is content that can easily go viral/be shared. Is Apple going to keep this within its walled garden?

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
As a long time fan of Apple, I sometimes think the direction they are going is the wrong one for me.

Because they announce a new gimmick as part of the Apple Music service? And why does Apple have to be going in a direction to suit anyone? Surely they are a company that makes products and sells services and you can choose to buy or not to buy, is it compulsory to only buy Apple where you live?

It is not just this news that makes me feel the way I feel. It is a build up of multiple things Apple has done, and is rumored to due. It is due to the lack of attention to Mac hardware. It is because of the recent lack of QC on their hardware and software.

If everything else was in check, I would never comment in an article like this.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
This is really pathetic. It's embaressing that they want to be associated with such tripe.

Perhaps we should have realised Apple is all about the 15-25 year old market and the traditional Apple user & professional user are not of any interest to them any more.

Maybe I just failed to realise that Apple has changed and is now a fashion, emoji and teen focussed business.

GrumpyMom

macrumors G4
Sep 11, 2014
Because they announce a new gimmick as part of the Apple Music service? And why does Apple have to be going in a direction to suit anyone? Surely they are a company that makes products and sells services and you can choose to buy or not to buy, is it compulsory to only buy Apple where you live?

Yea because this has taken every single designer, programmer, developer and engineer to sort out. It's crazy how thousands of people have had to stop work to negotiate this.

Is Apple only allowed to do one thing? I don't see how something for Apple Music slows down a refresh that you will be disapointed with anyway....

You make good points. But we are dealing with a matter of perception about what is going on at Apple and people voicing their opinions on that.

As others have said, it would be of little concern to anyone that Apple is dabbling in something like this if we felt they were still tending well to their core products and the consumers who made the company so successful.

Instead, many customers feel abandoned as products they made the core of their home or business computing systems lose features and the ability to be repaired or customized, gain dongles, and seem to be allowed to languish with aging specs or quality control issues, while remaining extremely expensively priced.

It's natural for many customers to feel they're being overcharged to fund all these crazy larks Eddy Cue and friends are on. We pay significant premiums for storage upgrades that we know don't cost Apple nearly the same to offer. So they make a huge profit off of that...fine. Few would mind if they felt the profits were being invested in R&D to improve the things we care about using. And perhaps they are. And we are just not seeing the fruits of those investments yet.

Instead we see exorbitant amounts being spent on things that don't seem to fit well with Apple's image. We see customer service slipping here and there. Perhaps in time it will all come together. Right now it's as awkward a transition as puberty or a midlife crisis can be, because it's about redefining an identity that worked so well for so many years. People will talk.

And we're going to keep on doing it until we see Apple turn the corner and bring out something that is really special and stop making so many headlines for schmoozing and kissing butt and looking desperate to stay relevant when they never really lost relevance doing the things they were great at.

I hope I wrote that clearly enough. I walked the dog in the summer heat. I think my brain melted trying to get a few of those sentence out. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.