APPLE CANCELLED MY iPhone X ORDER. Wow.

Tired_Of_The_9-5

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2017
Limbo
Apple couldn't verify my email....so they cancelled my order.

I talked to 2 Agents on the Phone, 1 agent online Live Chat.
I'll have to place a new order & wait 5-6 weeks.

Just like that. Gone.

Goldfrapp

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2005
Wait, are you serious?? How is it possible to have an unverified email?? I thought all Apple IDs were automatically verified. I mean, there's no place to verify your email in Apple account.

Could you elaborate, I'm confused

Tired_Of_The_9-5

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2017
Limbo
Wait, are you serious?? How is it possible to have an unverified email?? I thought all Apple IDs were automatically verified...
I thought so too.
I lost everything over an email address...

According to Apple:
The new email i used to sign up & order the phone, didn't match up with my credit card. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
HUH?

Goldfrapp

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2005
I thought so too.
I lost everything over an email address...

According to Apple:
The new email i used to sign up & order the phone, didn't match up with my credit card. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
HUH?
First time I hear this. Did your order ever reach the PFS status before cancellation?

Goldfrapp

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2005
It got to the second phase...the one RIGHT BEFORE Shipping.
I'll try my luck going to the apple store early next Friday....:rolleyes: wish me luck
Place a new order online even if you go to the store on Friday. You never know what's gonna happen at the store. At least, you will have your new order processing for a week by then, thus being a little closer in the queue.

And good luck!

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
That really sucks to hear.

I hope you can snag one at the store next week.

And I echo placing an order now and forgetting about it unless you can score one in store.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Someone that did an order via Guest account, please chime in with missing gaps in following.

Can see situation where OP lost the reservation. Per following, OP was going to use girlfriend's Sprint account to order a phone.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/quick-question-carrier-info.2080788/

Guessing Guest account purchase still asks for cellco account information? If so, cellco account has Jane Doe name, zip, SSN. Cellco has an email on file? Buyer has different billing & ship-to name, address, zip, email. In a post Equifax era, and in attempting to curb scalping, can see where this order got red flagged.

And in same vain, post above linking different cancelled order thread: not entirely clear what that OP's situation is, but appears has different variations of name (including, appears, maiden-hyphen-married type name) that just don't line up. Throw in different emails, can see, again, extra precaution by Apple.