Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Card is starting to show up on Equifax credit reports, but not yet for all users, according to a Reddit discussion today.

apple-card-feature2.jpg

Apple Card info is now being reported to all three major credit bureaus in the United States, with the other two being Experian and TransUnion. As with any credit card, Apple Card usage can positively or negatively one's credit score based on factors such as payment history, credit utilization, and age of the account.

To apply for an ‌Apple Card‌, open the Wallet app on an iPhone running iOS 12.4 or later, tap the plus button in the top-right corner, and follow the on-screen steps. The process takes just a few minutes, and if approved, a digital ‌Apple Card‌ will be ready for purchases immediately. A physical, titanium Apple Card can also be requested through the Wallet app for use at retail stores that do not accept contactless payments.

Apple Card's key features include color-coded spending summaries in the Wallet app, no fees, and up to three percent cashback on purchases, paid out daily.

Article Link: Apple Card Beginning to Show Up on Equifax Credit Reports

calzon65

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
It never really dawned on me before now that the Apple Card is truly a unique credit card and not simply a co-branded Visa or Mastercard.

I remember when Discover Card appeared and for a time, there was plenty of Discover Card marketing, but it doesn't seem to be very popular any more. And American Express' popularity seems to have also waned (I didn't help AMEX that CostCo dropped them).

So it will be interesting to see what kind of market share the Apple Card grabs ... the iPhone sure grabbed a massive market share.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
I wish we had a similar credit score system with similar reward opportunities in Europe.

Erm, credit scoring is a thing in Europe (and pretty much everywhere in the world). No real rewards come from credit scoring.

As for reward cards, there are other rewards cards out there that offer better perks than the Apple Card.

zilchfox

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I was curious what's going on. I've had my Apple Card since June 2019 (before it was released to customers) and it still has yet to show up on any of my credit reports. Using Credit Karma for the most part, and nothing under either TransUnion nor Equifax. I've had no issues with my Apple Card otherwise, and they've always approved a CLI for me upon request.

MickeyAlexander

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2013
Ha, I had just reached out to Apple Card support last week and asked about this since I noticed it still wasn’t showing up. They said "We report to TransUnion and Experian and potentially other bureaus in the future."

We’re living in the future!

Reactions: RalfTheDog

libertysat

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2010
Contactless payments is what drew me to the card/Wallet.

I also like how there is no card number on the physical card so when the restaurant waitperson takes my card out of sight, I know they can not capture my card info...

Reactions: RalfTheDog

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It never really dawned on me before now that the Apple Card is truly a unique credit card and not simply a co-branded Visa or Mastercard.

I remember when Discover Card appeared and for a time, there was plenty of Discover Card marketing, but it doesn't seem to be very popular any more. And American Express' popularity seems to have also waned (I didn't help AMEX that CostCo dropped them).

So it will be interesting to see what kind of market share the Apple Card grabs ... the iPhone sure grabbed a massive market share.
It doesn't really seem to be that different.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It’s good to have Apple Card. Certainly the best credit card out there at the moment for overall savings.
Not really sure about the best. Some things it offers are nice and it can certainly be of some more use to some depending on what they tend to purchase and how, but at the same time for many others many other cards can offer better rewards/use for them.

Cancelled
Jun 28, 2013
Rent-free in your head
Erm, credit scoring is a thing in Europe (and pretty much everywhere in the world). No real rewards come from credit scoring.
Except it really isn't at least not in the same way it is in the US, where you can charge all your purchases on a credit card, pay off your monthly balance and increase your credit score to such extents that allow you to get much more advantageous interest rates on loans/mortgages, a higher likelihood of being selected in a competitive renting market etc.

TrevorR90

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2009
Wow, I got my Apple card about 3 months ago and I check my credit report weekly and found it extremely odd that it has yet to show up on any of my credit reports.

This explains it I guess.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I was curious what's going on. I've had my Apple Card since June 2019 (before it was released to customers) and it still has yet to show up on any of my credit reports. Using Credit Karma for the most part, and nothing under either TransUnion nor Equifax. I've had no issues with my Apple Card otherwise, and they've always approved a CLI for me upon request.

Credit Karma is fake credit reporting. Dont rely on them and look for the mention on their site that their reporting is for educational purposes only.

And know which bureau serves your area. And only Experian has the actual FICO.

zilchfox

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Credit Karma is fake credit reporting. Dont rely on them and look for the mention on their site that their reporting is for educational purposes only.

And know which bureau serves your area. And only Experian has the actual FICO.
Credit Karma uses VantageScore 3.0. I know it's not exactly the same as FICO, however I wouldn't go so far as to call it fake– it's been extremely accurate in terms of what accounts I have and what balances they show. Either way, my FICO 8 doesn't show my Apple Card balance, either.

Reactions: newyorksole

newyorksole

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2008
New York.

Same here. I used to work for Apple so I got the card June 2019 and it’s only shown up on TransUnion. Now it shows on Experian as of this summer and I guess soon it’ll show on Equifax.

Finally!

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
What the heck is with this article? It was merely a commercial for Apple Card. This doesn’t smell right MR.

SurferPup

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2011
Sunshine Coast, 🇦🇺 Australia
I want an  💳 in 🇦🇺. I could potentially use my 🇺🇸 iTunes account to apply as the application appears in it however the US~AU exchange rate is currently very unfavourable for me and I probably could only utilise their card in my American iTunes account or Amazon.com or Sanuk.com or other American based stores plus your power adapters will not fit my power outlets. I also have postage redirection costs from my virtual Florida postal box to my physical Sunshine Coast postal box. If / when the  💳 comes to Australia - could I have two cards my American 🇺🇸  💳 and an Australian 🇦🇺  💳?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.