Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chocolatesox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Milton Keynes , UK
I’d love for the Apple Card to expand, for myself, to the UK but I don’t have high hopes.

We haven’t even got Apple Pay Cash yet and that seems to be very much linked.

Also the fact that credit cards work very differently over here in the U.K. market, it would be interesting to see if they can even get a UK bank to offer what they’re promising.

What is everyone’s thoughts? I heard somewhere that there was rumours of expansion but no solid evidence.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Rumours were it would come to the UK in the fall but as you say we don’t even have Apple Cash yet and that was supposed to come out last year so I guess all we can do is wait and see

Last edited:

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
You would think with the recent drop in iPhone sales that Apple would expand the Apple Card to other countries ??

Especially when the new 2019 iPhone is expected to be released in a month ???

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
You would think with the recent drop in iPhone sales that Apple would expand the Apple Card to other countries ??

Especially when the new 2019 iPhone is expected to be released in a month ???
Absolutely. Getting cashback on the purchase of a new Apple phone or watch will be very tempting for people that are undecided about whether to buy new Apple products after the Keynote so I would’ve thought it would’ve been in Apples interest to get the card out to as many countries as possible

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Absolutely. Getting cashback on the purchase of a new Apple phone or watch will be very tempting for people that are undecided about whether to buy new Apple products after the Keynote so I would’ve thought it would’ve been in Apples interest to get the card out to as many countries as possible
If it was not for the Apple Card I just got, I would not have considered upgrading my old work iPhone 7+.
There was not very many incentives to upgrading to a $1200 phone when my old phone is still working perfectly.

Now with Apple Card, I am going to consider getting the new iPhone being released next month using Apple Pay to get the 3% back and hoping they release a 0% interest free promotion ????

Expos of 1969

Suspended
Aug 25, 2013
If it was not for the Apple Card I just got, I would not have considered upgrading my old work iPhone 7+.
There was not very many incentives to upgrading to a $1200 phone when my old phone is still working perfectly.

Now with Apple Card, I am going to consider getting the new iPhone being released next month using Apple Pay to get the 3% back and hoping they release a 0% interest free promotion ????

Getting $ 36 in cash back will be a major factor in deciding whether to purchase a $ 1200 dollar phone? Really?

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Getting $ 36 in cash back will be a major factor in deciding whether to purchase a $ 1200 dollar phone? Really?
Yes, really - it's not only the $36 back but the promotions that Apple plans on running (0% for 12months) on a new phone is also tempting.
I can put it on other cards that gives back more like $1200 points on my Amex Platinum card but I'd rather use someone else's money.
I am going to miss the Barclay Apple Rewards card that had the interest free promotions and point towards an Apple gift card!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.