Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Card, the Apple-branded credit card that Apple is launching in partnership with Goldman Sachs, is available for everyone in the U.S. starting today following a preview period that launched a few weeks ago for some customers.

Potential customers can apply for the Apple Card using the Wallet app, and after approval, can begin using the digital portion of the card for online and Apple Pay purchases immediately.

applecardinwallet.jpg

Apple Card availability is subject to approval, and customers need to qualify for Apple Card similar to any other credit card. Apple Card offers an APR between 12.99 and 23.99 percent based on credit score.

Apple will ship a physical titanium credit card to Apple Card users within a few days, providing an actual card for traditional credit card purchases. The titanium card is engraved with the cardholder's name, but features no card number, expiration date, or CVV for privacy purposes.

applecardtitanium-800x580.jpg

This information is still available, but it is accessible through the Wallet app. The card features a traditional magstripe along with a built-in chip for making purchases within stores.

Apple Card can be used for both standard purchases and Apple Pay purchases, with Apple providing rewards for both. Customers will get 3 percent cash back for purchases made at an Apple Store, 2 percent cash back for all Apple Pay purchases, and 1 percent cash back for all other purchases.

applecarddailycashlist-800x643.jpg

Cash back is provided in the form of "Daily Cash" that, as the name suggests, is paid out to customers on a daily basis. Daily Cash is added to the Apple Cash card in Wallet and can be used for purchases, sent to friends, or transferred to a bank account.

Apple Card is deeply integrated into the Wallet app and Apple is offering spend tracking and budgeting tools. Color-coded categories will give users an idea of how much money they're spending on food, activities, shopping, health care, entertainment, and more.

applecardoverview-800x614.jpg

Apple will send notifications every time a purchase is made so users can monitor for fraudulent activity, and Apple is using machine learning and Apple Maps to make sure every single transaction made is clearly identified.

applecardentertainmentcategories-800x603.jpg

The Wallet app also helps out with payments, offering up multiple payment options and ways to minimize interest through higher, more regular payments. Apple Card will encourage customers to pay a bit more than the minimum each month to cut down on interest fees. Payments can be scheduled weekly, biweekly, and monthly, and can be made using a bank account just like any other credit card.

applecardinteresttool-800x634.jpg

Apple Card is limited to the United States at the current time, but may expand to additional countries in the near future. Apple is already in talks with European regulators, and has trademarked Apple Card in Europe, Hong Kong, and Canada.

Apple Card is a no fee credit card. There are no annual fees, international fees, fees for making a late payment, or fees for exceeding your credit limit, which means there are no penalty rates for missing a payment. For more details on the Apple Card, make sure to check out our Apple Card guide.

Article Link: Apple Card Now Available to All Customers in United States

Reactions: MrUNIMOG

Jim Higgins

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2018

Apple Card, the Apple-branded credit card that Apple is launching in partnership with Goldman Sachs, is available for everyone in the U.S. starting today following a preview period that launched a few weeks ago for some customers.

Potential customers can apply for the Apple Card using the Wallet app, and after approval, can begin using the digital portion of the card for online and Apple Pay purchases immediately.

applecardinwallet.jpg

Apple Card availability is subject to approval, and customers need to qualify for Apple Card similar to any other credit card. Apple Card offers an APR between 12.99 and 23.99 percent based on credit score.

Apple will ship a physical titanium credit card to Apple Card users within a few days, providing an actual card for traditional credit card purchases. The titanium card is engraved with the cardholder's name, but features no card number, expiration date, or CVV for privacy purposes.

applecardtitanium-800x580.jpg

This information is still available, but it is accessible through the Wallet app. The card features a traditional magstripe along with a built-in chip for making purchases within stores.

Apple Card can be used for both standard purchases and Apple Pay purchases, with Apple providing rewards for both. Customers will get 3 percent cash back for purchases made at an Apple Store, 2 percent cash back for all Apple Pay purchases, and 1 percent cash back for all other purchases.

applecarddailycashlist-800x643.jpg

Cash back is provided in the form of "Daily Cash" that, as the name suggests, is paid out to customers on a daily basis. Daily Cash is added to the Apple Cash card in Wallet and can be used for purchases, sent to friends, or transferred to a bank account.

Apple Card is deeply integrated into the Wallet app and Apple is offering spend tracking and budgeting tools. Color-coded categories will give users an idea of how much money they're spending on food, activities, shopping, health care, entertainment, and more.

applecardoverview-800x614.jpg

Apple will send notifications every time a purchase is made so users can monitor for fraudulent activity, and Apple is using machine learning and Apple Maps to make sure every single transaction made is clearly identified.

applecardentertainmentcategories-800x603.jpg

The Wallet app also helps out with payments, offering up multiple payment options and ways to minimize interest through higher, more regular payments. Apple Card will encourage customers to pay a bit more than the minimum each month to cut down on interest fees. Payments can be scheduled weekly, biweekly, and monthly, and can be made using a bank account just like any other credit card.

applecardinteresttool-800x634.jpg

Apple Card is limited to the United States at the current time, but may expand to additional countries in the near future. Apple is already in talks with European regulators, and has trademarked Apple Card in Europe, Hong Kong, and Canada.

Apple Card is a no fee credit card. There are no annual fees, international fees, fees for making a late payment, or fees for exceeding your credit limit, which means there are no penalty rates for missing a payment. For more details on the Apple Card, make sure to check out our Apple Card guide.

Article Link: Apple Card Now Available to All Customers in United States
Whoopee, one more credit card.

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
I just think the amount they approve for from what others say is entirely too low and the interest they charge for it is horrendous IMHO. That's a hard pass for me.

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
Is APR free for a year like most credit cards when you sign up?
Haha, no silly. You get charged interest after the first month. It's the privilege of having an Apple logo on your card. Precisely why I'm not getting one. It's a rip off and a joke. Bring this to other credit card companies and I think it would be neat, but I'm sure GS has a exclusivity agreement for taking this one similar to what ATT had back in the day.

Difference here is my reception is a non issue with this product. Actually better with competitors.

benshive

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2017
United States
Just signed up for one. The offered credit limit was over twice the credit limit on my current card :)
[doublepost=1566307293][/doublepost]
Haha, no silly. You get charged interest after the first month. It's the privilege of having an Apple logo on your card. Precisely why I'm not getting one. It's a rip off and a joke. Bring this to other credit card companies and I think it would be neat, but I'm sure GS has a exclusivity agreement for taking this one similar to what ATT had back in the day.

Difference here is my reception is a non issue with this product. Actually better with competitors.
If you're using the card right you won't be charged interest for the first year or any year because you'll pay the balance off each month.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Just got mine:
17.99% with a 800+ credit score and over 100k / year income.
My only debt is my house and it is currently worth twice what I owe on it.
How the heck do I get 12.99%? Million / year income?

I pay off my current Amazon credit card every month. I use it for everything to get free books!
I think this card it a bit out of my league.

Last edited:

xizdun

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
Signed up for the Apple Card. Skipped on the physical titanium card for the time being – too bulky and heavy and 1% cash back is not as good as 1.5% I get from a different credit card.

asopublic

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2008
Here is what I really like about Apple Card
1. Transaction notifications are real time, unlike my bank’s app. Better security.
2. Very few steps to pay the bill compared to the 10 steps in my bank’s app. (I pay the balance daily to maintain what I call ‘consciousness of spending’.)
3. Spending tracking is good enough that I’m seriously considering not bothering to use my current app.
4. It’s super easy to lock the physical card and then unlock it just before you have to use the card because Apple Pay isn’t available. It’s so many steps on my bank app to do this I don’t bother. I accept the hassle of my card getting skimmed once or twice a year while swiping at a fueling station. I have one card just for swiping. Now I’m thinking about using Apple Card for swiping.
5. The daily cash is better than my bank’s 1% rewards delivered monthly. You also get 3% Daily Cash on Apple Services like music, books, apps.

I’ve stopped using my bank credit cards.

I’m so impressed that I wrote Apple requesting Apple Cash replace my checkbook by adding a debit card, direct deposit, and checks for the one biller I can’t get to switch to ACH withdrawals. I should have the same benefits with with checking that Imdo with Apple Card.

Michael Mpls

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2019
Minneapolis
Hard to know what factors they use for sure - I just applied, credit score is 833 and was approved for 10k limit with 12.99 rate.

Just got mine:

I pay off my current Amazon credit card every month. I use it for everything to get free books!

Cscottrun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Ok, I got my license to scan finally. I will say this, very easy to apply...very easy and user friendly to set up auto pay. I like the layout. The card may not have a ton of benefits, but I'm interested to see how it details charges, etc. If I recall, the charges post in real time and clearly state the merchant. Most credit card companies do not do this.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Hard to know what factors they use for sure - I just applied, credit score is 833 and was approved for 10k limit with 12.99 rate.
I guess I have to squeeze another 20 points on the credit score.
I did just get married last year, switched to Geico and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. Probably what added the other 5 points.

Reactions: tphalp

ktsanf

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2011
Just got mine:

I think this card it a bit out of my league.

Basically same boat as you, give or take a few here and there. 23.99%. For real??? Yep, for real. No way in the world.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.