Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Card users are now able to export their transaction data in an OFX file format for use with third-party financial apps such as Quicken and Mint, as noted by Kyle Seth Gray. The option shows up when a monthly statement is available.

The exporting feature first rolled out last month, but only with CSV file support.

apple_card_ofx-800x1500.jpg

How to Export and Download Apple Card Transactions
  1. Open the Wallet app on your iPhone and tap on Apple Card.
  2. Tap on Card Balance.
  3. Under Statements, tap on the statement you want to export.
  4. Tap on Export Transactions and choose CSV or OFX.
Apple launched its credit card in the United States in August. Key features include color-coded spending summaries in the Wallet app, no fees beyond any applicable interest, and up to three percent cashback on purchases paid out daily.

To apply for an ?Apple Card?, simply open the Wallet app on an iPhone running iOS 12.4 or later, tap the plus button in the top-right corner, and follow the on-screen steps. The process takes just a few minutes, and if approved, your digital ?Apple Card? will be ready for purchases immediately. A physical titanium-based Apple Card is also available for use at retail stores that do not accept contactless payments.

Article Link: Apple Card Now Supports Exporting Transactions in OFX File Format

Last edited:

ep2002

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
This is great news! Exporting options is what was keeping me from fully utilizing my  Card because of my financial work flow with the Banktivity software. The CSV was a “clunky” first step for a solution but now with OFX support I’m excited to use my  Card as my main primary credit card.

Reactions: xnu and BeefCake 15

deramo

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2020
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mint.com doesn't allow you to import transactions. You can manually add transactions one at a time to an existing account if they are missing however it doesn't allow you set up a "Blank" account that isn't linked to a financial institution.

munpip214

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mint.com doesn't allow you to import transactions. You can manually add transactions one at a time to an existing account if they are missing however it doesn't allow you set up a "Blank" account that isn't linked to a financial institution.
Exactly, until I can import these to Mint directly I will pass on the Apple card

ajfahey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2001
Moorpark, CA
I still won’t be using my Apple Card much at all until downloads are supported in “One Step Update”. OFX just isn’t near good enough for me the change my mind. I have two dozen accounts in my Quicken file. Using OFX to update even one of them is one nuisance too far and I have plenty of other credit cards to turn to.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I agree, I do not know of a way to use Mint to import. If it does not come from connecting to the account they do not receive the data. Each month I have to rename the Apple Card payment to a credit card payment vs whatever it decides to categorize it this month.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Yeah, not working here in Quicken 2017 for Mac. Get an error to contact financial institution.

ccrobin1

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2013
Quicken 2020 Deluxe on Mac Ver 5.14.3 - Also doesn't work importing OFX file. Unable to read the selected Web Connect file. Please contact your financial institution.
But I am very happy they are at least trying to add this..

justme1

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Quicken 2020 Deluxe on Mac Ver 5.14.3 - Also doesn't work importing OFX file. Unable to read the selected Web Connect file. Please contact your financial institution.
But I am very happy they are at least trying to add this..

Mine won't import either - same message

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
Apple Card users are now able to export their transaction data in an OFX file format for use with third-party financial apps such as Quicken and Mint, as noted by Kyle Seth Gray.

The current versions of Quicken (Windows or Mac) do not support OFX files. In fact, even Quicken's proprietary QFX format seems to be on the way out, in favor of "Web Connect."

bladerunner88

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
Off World
Cant seem to import into Banktivity Vs 5.6.12. I've created a new account but get the following when trying to import the OFX File:

bank grab.jpeg

Received this from IGG Support:

Thank you for contacting IGG Software Support. Is this an OFX file downloaded from Apple Card? If so, we have already received reports of this issue. The problem is the OFX file is missing many tags required by the OFX specification. The OFX file will not be able to be imported until Apple (or Goldman Sachs) adds all tags properly, in accordance to the OFX specification. We have brought this to Apple's attention and they hope to have this corrected soon.

Last edited:

pgolden

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2009
You have to use a third party converter ($) to make OFX into QFX and import into Quicken

R3k

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2011
Sep 7, 2011
Yes, unfortunately I found out OFX is supposed to but won’t import into either Quicken or Banktivity. Wtf? What’s the format good for then? Microsoft money? People with Quickbooks on Windows?
[automerge]1581458323[/automerge]
You have to use a third party converter ($) to make OFX into QFX and import into Quicken

Which is?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.