Apple Card on Apple Watch?

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2015
I know Apple Card isn’t out yet, but does anyone know if Apple Card will be available on the Apple Watch please? I have Apple Pay set up on my iPhone and Watch, but I find it easier to use my Watch to pay via Apple Pay, rather than getting my iPhone out of my pocket. Therefore, I would like to get Daily Cash by using my Watch. Thank you.

lartola

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2017
I know Apple Card isn’t out yet, but does anyone know if Apple Card will be available on the Apple Watch please? I have Apple Pay set up on my iPhone and Watch, but I find it easier to use my Watch to pay via Apple Pay, rather than getting my iPhone out of my pocket. Therefore, I would like to get Daily Cash by using my Watch. Thank you.
It should be just like the Apple Cash card, which once activated on iPhone also appeared automatically on Apple Watch. The card is to be used in Apple Pay mainly, and the watch does have Apple Pay too so there really is no reason for Apple Card not to be available for use on Apple Watch.

MisterSavage

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2018
I haven't found anything in my Apple Wallet on my iPhone that I can't access via the wallet on my Apple Watch. You should be good to go I would think.

lartola

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2017
I haven't found anything in my Apple Wallet on my iPhone that I can't access via the wallet on my Apple Watch. You should be good to go I would think.
Credit and debit cards do need to be added to the Apple Watch separately using the wallet section in the watch app (i.e., credit and debit cards added to wallet on the iPhone usually aren't automatically added to the watch, as opposed to other passes, the only exceptions being the Apple Cash card and now presumably the Apple Card). Nonetheless, there is still no reason why Apple Card would not be available for use on Apple Watch.

Reactions: Ntombi

MisterSavage

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2018
Credit and debit cards do need to be added to the Apple Watch separately using the wallet section in the watch app (i.e., credit and debit cards added to wallet on the iPhone usually aren't automatically added to the watch, as opposed to other passes, the only exceptions being the Apple Cash card and now presumably the Apple Card). Nonetheless, there is still no reason why Apple Card would not be available for use on Apple Watch.
Good point. I did have to confirm manually I wanted to add the cards to my watch also. I haven't encountered a card I could put on my iPhone but not my watch.

Reactions: Ntombi

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2015
Good point. I did have to confirm manually I wanted to add the cards to my watch also. I haven't encountered a card I could put on my iPhone but not my watch.
Yes I had to confirm that too. Also, will there be any additional charge for using the Card? I have read different sources with conflicting information.

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2015
This is the source you should focus on.

https://www.apple.com/apple-card/
Just wondering. If I go to a shop that doesn't support Apple Pay and my purchase is over £30 (therefore I can’t use contactless) how do I pay with my physical Apple Card? As far as I’m aware (I can’t find any information online regarding this) you don’t have a 4-digit PIN number with Apple Card.

Thank you and sorry if it’s me being thick!

pojo1806

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Just wondering. If I go to a shop that doesn't support Apple Pay and my purchase is over £30 (therefore I can’t use contactless) how do I pay with my physical Apple Card? As far as I’m aware (I can’t find any information online regarding this) you don’t have a 4-digit PIN number with Apple Card.

Thank you and sorry if it’s me being thick!
Since no one has the physical card yet we don't know but I would 99% say it will come with a 4 digit pin, it has the chip like a regular card and it's whole purpose is to use in places that don't support apple pay so it would be useless if not.

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2015
Since no one has the physical card yet we don't know but I would 99% say it will come with a 4 digit pin, it has the chip like a regular card and it's whole purpose is to use in places that don't support apple pay so it would be useless if not.
Yes I suppose you are right. Thank you.

swarlos

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2015
I just signed up for the  card yesterday and holy moly it was so easy took like 30 seconds and it asked if I wanted to make it my default card and then it asked if I wanted to add it to my watch.

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2015
It's important to point out that Apple Card is exclusively a US credit card subject to US banking regulations for US cardholders at this moment.

The laws that dictate UK credit card usage for UK credit card holders are irrelevant in the current discussion of the Apple Card.
Yes I realise that thank you. I was just asking questions ahead of the UK release in the Autumn (Fall). So it's now been released in the US?

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 68040
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Because Apple will want to land and expand their user base as quickly as possible and speculation is the UK during the fall.
It has been reported that iPhone sales have dropped at the fastest rate ever this year (sales are down 17% compared with 2018), so this will be vital for Apple to prevent customers from moving to Android phones.

Reactions: 4sallypat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.