Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple in August is offering a new Apple Card promotion that will see Apple Card holders entitled to extra Daily Cash rewards for Panera Bread purchases. Through the end of the month, Apple Card users who make a purchase at Panera using Apple Pay can earn 6% cash back instead of 3% cash back.

apple-card-panera-promotion.jpg

Getting the cash back reward requires Panera customers to use Apple Pay with the Apple Card specifically, and the 6% bonus is available for up to $500 in spending throughout August. Apple Card owners who purchase $500 in Panera food can earn $30.

Purchases can be made at U.S. Panera stores, in the Panera app, and on the Panera website.

Apple partners with a number of vendors to offer three percent Daily Cash back on ‌Apple Pay‌ purchases made with ‌Apple Card‌, including Panera Bread. 3% cash back can also be earned from Ace, T-Mobile, Nike, Uber Eats, Uber, Panera, Walgreens, Exxon Mobil, and Apple's own retail stores.

Standard ‌Apple Pay‌ purchases earn two percent cash back, and all other purchases earn one percent.

(Thanks, Issa!)

Article Link: Apple Card Promotion Offers 6% Cash Back at Panera

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Meh. Extra cash back at a place I never go to is of no use. Good for those who go there I guess.

(Used to like Panera for lunch - until they dropped the french onion soup and the service at the store near my office sucked so hard that I quit going. Now I work from home and there's much better locally owned places far closer than the nearest panera.)

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
I'd rather save 100% on Panera by never eating there. Too expensive for what it is and what you get, IMO.
Like with other types of these stores, it's also about the other amenities... wifi, better furniture to sit on, restrooms, escape inclement weather (it's hot in some places, and I've used similar venues when the rain picked up). Last but not least, it's a cheaper venue to host. Perhaps not for executive meetings, but social get togethers, and your place isn't big enough, close enough, or you'd rather not have strangers there due to having kids, whatever.

I normally don't need such amenities, so I just whip up anything at home. Food trucks have been nice in that regard b/c without those amenities, their food has to be good.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Yeah, that is really disappointing. I spoke with both T-Mobile and Apple, and each company pointed the finger at the other saying, "We don't know why it was cancelled".
The T-Mobile people you spoke with are either uninformed or were told to lie to you.

They actually made some statement at some sort of event or in a report (I honestly can't remember where I read it) that they had to remove credit card payment options for their plans due to the credit card fees they get hit with, otherwise they couldn't maintain the "affordable, all-inclusive" prices they offer.

Regardless, you know it always comes down to money... so in this case it's probably both sides wanting to keep as much as they can.

Marcus PM

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2011
Yeah, that is really disappointing. I spoke with both T-Mobile and Apple, and each company pointed the finger at the other saying, "We don't know why it was cancelled".
T-Mobile is trying to stop people from using credit cards. So now they only give the top discounts to those who link a bank account to pay the T-Mobile bill.

NervousFish2

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2014
Not at T-Mobile anymore.
True! So annoying. I had my bill auto-paying to my Apple Card, and was gettin 3% back. Now they switched to needing debit card or bank account direct debit... you can still get the 3% back on in-store purchases, but obviously over the course of a year of phone bills, the loss of that 3% is a hefty setback. Thanks T-Mobile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.