Apple Care for Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by AJsAWiz, Mar 24, 2015.

1. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

Looks like the basic Apple Care will work for me. I don't think I'll be paying for Apple Care + for my Apple Watch even though I've purchased it, routinely, for all of my Apple devices and computers.

This is helpful information for anyone to make this decision.
    http://www.imore.com/should-you-get-applecare-apple-watch

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I think it all boils down to price. I personally want AC+ on a $600 device that I wear on my wrist.....even more so than a phone.

People who never wear watches are probably going to be shocked at the number of things they will "bang" their wrist on: Stairs, walls, etc. I remember when I first started wearing watches I constantly hit them on things. I actually broke my first watch clean off my wrist because of a door. I never noticed how tight I take corners, or how close I walk to a stair hand rail. A thick smartwatch will make this even easier to hit on things.

3. slenpree macrumors 6502a

slenpree

I started wearing a watch just over a year ago, and noted this as well. Within just a couple of weeks it was bashed to bits; luckily it was just a cheap swatch watch!

4. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

How much is AC on on the 42mm SS Apple watch?

5. slvrscoobie macrumors 6502a

slvrscoobie

6. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Apple have not said how much it will cost.

7. ledzepfan1981 macrumors regular

ledzepfan1981

Anyone know how much the AC+ will be in the UK please?

Thanks.

8. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

See the post above. :D

9. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Correct, no prices so far. I think most are under the assumption it will be tiered. I personally think $50-75 for the sport and $75-$100 for the SS. Replacements would also be tiered. The edition is a whole different question.

I decided on those price points b.c it is a slightly cheaper product than the iphone. Granted, it could easily cost more b.c replacements will probably be more frequent.

I also would not be surprised the see the same old $99 AC+ price tag. In other words, who the hell knows :)

10. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Lol... Yeah,who knows? Haha. I guess we'll find out. I wear a watch at work and I bang it into all types of stuff. This is going to add up. Two SS watches with leather bands plus 1 sport band. Can't forget a extra charging cable and two apple cares to go.

11. Shadow Runner macrumors regular

Wow, you all seem so reckless. I rarely bump my watch into stuff and will have no worries getting the sport without AC. There is no way I'm dropping or losing the device (at least I won't lose it outside of home), so AC is a lot less meaningful to me for this purchase.

12. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Not reckless at all. I've had every iPhone since day one and have never dropped one and I've never used a iPhone case. However,I did notice with my watch it gets hit on doors,walls,car door etc. maybe it's because it's inexpensive,so I'm not as concerned about it? Who knows. I guess having a 700.00 watch on my wrist.....I'd just like to prepare for the worst I suppose.

13. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

What I found interesting was the stock warranty of 2 years. I think that does point to a slower product cycle then other Apple products that include a 1 year warranty.

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Maybe in other countries, but in the US it's still one year for all except the Edition models (two years standard).

15. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I probably would not get AC+ on the sport at $350, but the SS at $550 I will.

The edition has 3 years applecare!

16. AJsAWiz thread starter macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

Pricing for Apple Care + for the Apple Watch hasn't been announced yet.

----------

I have never damaged any of my watches. I, eventually, get rid of them when they are old and get newer replacements. I suppose that trend, for me, will change next month. I will most likely, trim my current collection to 2 or 3 and dispose of the rest. I think I'll keep one sport watch (as a back up) and two casual/dress watches. Yes, I'll probably still were my regular watches after I get my Apple Watch.

----------

And, indeed, considering the price it should.

----------

I'd have to really work at it to do that (hitting on doors, walls, etc.) ;)

17. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Lol you know what I mean. Lol. Not full on into a door. Haha.. But as I'm passing into a door it's happened a few times lol

18. ricktat macrumors 65816

Seems safe to shower with the watch. I don't know if I will....but if I do, I want to make sure that it would be covered. One day running and it starts to rain and then find out that Apple wouldn't cover it would be annoying.

I have also banged my watch on a metal stair well going around corners too quickly.

So yes for AppleCare + for me. Well yes as long as it is reasonable. $49-$79 sounds reasonable for the Sport model and $79-$99 for the SS.

19. AJsAWiz thread starter macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

Oh, I see. You had me going there for a minute. Thanks for the laugh :D

20. jaymc macrumors 6502

jaymc

Looking a SquareTrade. $105 for 3 years. :)

$80 for the Sport versions.

21. Mr.C macrumors 601

That's not strictly true. It's two years on the :apple:Watch Edition ( the gold model ). On the Aluminium and Stainless Steel models it's the standard one year.

Personally I will most likely be getting AppleCare Plus depending on the cost and the deductible.

22. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

I wonder if the bands will also be covered in Apple Care+, and in Square Trade?

23. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Nonexistent for the stainless steel. Only covers up to $500.

24. jaymc macrumors 6502

jaymc

You're covering the watch not the band. ;)

25. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

According to Apple, that Watch costs $599, or if you could separate the band, $550. This would mean that only the 38mm SS version, and not the space black one, would be covered.