Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What Insurance do you or will you use for iPhone X

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BDwy27

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2015
Idk if this is a thread already, if it is I'm sorry.

Just got the iPhone X.

Looking help to see if its worth the 199 Apple care or the mobile insurance through your carrier. I have ATT and it would be 8.99 a month for lost/stolen damaged phone with next day service or same day service for cracked screens.

Thoughts on what people have or are going to sign up for.

Thank you.

SJTrance

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
The main thing that the Apple care doesn't cover is lost phone. It depends on how important this aspect is for you.

BDwy27

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2015
The main thing that the Apple care doesn't cover is lost phone. It depends on how important this aspect is for you.

Yeah, I'm pretty safe on knowing where my phone is. Just dropping it or something randomly goes wrong is what I'm worried about. 200 bucks is pretty expensive right out the bat, and if you never use it kinda waste of money. but i guess it does help knowing you have it just in case.

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
I do carrier insurance but seriously considering adding Apple Care + to it. Just need to run the numbers and see if it's worth it to let Apple handle the physical damage and AT&T cover loss/theft. I haven't dropped and broken a phone since my 4 but last week my phone came out of my pocket at a park while crossing a street and the tempered glass screen protector took the hit nicely. Now I'm thinking that since I'm moving into my clutz phase Apple Care + might be worth it...

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Any type of insurance is really just that. If you don’t use it then it’s a waste of money but if you do then it will be worth it. It’s just peace of mind.

Reactions: DiveKitty

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
I do carrier insurance but seriously considering adding Apple Care + to it. Just need to run the numbers and see if it's worth it to let Apple handle the physical damage and AT&T cover loss/theft. I haven't dropped and broken a phone since my 4 but last week my phone came out of my pocket at a park while crossing a street and the tempered glass screen protector took the hit nicely. Now I'm thinking that since I'm moving into my clutz phase Apple Care + might be worth it...

But you are already covered by at&t insurance. Double coverage makes no sense.

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
But you are already covered by at&t insurance. Double coverage makes no sense.
What I need to find out is what does AT&T charge me for a repair. It was just a two or three hundred dollar deductible before but this phone is much more expensive to repair so I'm waiting to find out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.