APPLE CARE or Carrier Insurance Plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BDwy27, Nov 4, 2017.

?

What Insurance do you or will you use for iPhone X

Poll closed Nov 4, 2017.
  1. Carrier insurance plan

27.3%
  2. Apple Care

36.4%
  3. No insurance

36.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BDwy27 macrumors member

Idk if this is a thread already, if it is I'm sorry.

Just got the iPhone X.

Looking help to see if its worth the 199 Apple care or the mobile insurance through your carrier. I have ATT and it would be 8.99 a month for lost/stolen damaged phone with next day service or same day service for cracked screens.

Thoughts on what people have or are going to sign up for.

Thank you.

2. SJTrance macrumors member

The main thing that the Apple care doesn't cover is lost phone. It depends on how important this aspect is for you.

3. BDwy27 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I'm pretty safe on knowing where my phone is. Just dropping it or something randomly goes wrong is what I'm worried about. 200 bucks is pretty expensive right out the bat, and if you never use it kinda waste of money. but i guess it does help knowing you have it just in case.

4. StaceyMJ86 macrumors 68000

StaceyMJ86

I have carrier Insurance with T-Mobile that covers, lost/stolen, warranty, damaged and AppleCare for $12 a month.

5. Nanotyrns macrumors 65816

Nanotyrns

I do carrier insurance but seriously considering adding Apple Care + to it. Just need to run the numbers and see if it's worth it to let Apple handle the physical damage and AT&T cover loss/theft. I haven't dropped and broken a phone since my 4 but last week my phone came out of my pocket at a park while crossing a street and the tempered glass screen protector took the hit nicely. Now I'm thinking that since I'm moving into my clutz phase Apple Care + might be worth it...

6. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Any type of insurance is really just that. If you don’t use it then it’s a waste of money but if you do then it will be worth it. It’s just peace of mind.

7. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

But you are already covered by at&t insurance. Double coverage makes no sense.

8. Nanotyrns macrumors 65816

Nanotyrns

What I need to find out is what does AT&T charge me for a repair. It was just a two or three hundred dollar deductible before but this phone is much more expensive to repair so I'm waiting to find out.

9. Banich2 macrumors regular

Depends on if you get drunk a lot or not. If you do, go for the carrier insurance so you'll be covered for loss or theft.