Apple Care TOO LATE?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Chaos123x, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

I just bought a used Macbook Pro that is about a year old but just missed the 1 year apple gives you to register for the extended Apple Care service.

Does anyone know if they make exceptions? Any foot stomping or hand waving I can do to get them to let me buy the extended apple care?

Just want to get the Apple Care cause I don't know the history of the mac, and I want to be covered incase I run into problems.

Anyone?

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I missed it by 24 hrs. once. Believe me, I stomped & waved - to no avail. The one year date is set in stone, based on my experience.

3. Chaos123x thread starter macrumors 68000

Wow really? That sucks.

Maybe if I told them I already bought the boxed version, and forgott to register it?

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Can't help you there - forum rules, and all.

All I can say is that the date is a hard deadline.

5. duky macrumors 6502

If you actually did buy a box and forgot to register it then def tell them that (I've done this before) but they'll ask you to verify the purchase date etc so don't just do this if it's not true. I'm not sure how lenient they are with these things but they really do try and get you to buy the AppleCare when you purchase the computer (even to the extent of almost making it seem as if you don't have a year to do so) so I wouldn't expect them to yield much to people who are late. Give it a try though; Good luck!

6. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

For minor things like repairs, the Apple employees tend to be somewhat lenient. However, because the original purchase date would be obviously 1 day over the day at which the 3 year AppleCare expires in the database, they are much less likely to do it because there is a system watching them.

7. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*