Apple Celebrates International Women's Day on iTunes With Featured Movies and TV Shows [Update: Apple Music Too]

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacRumors, Mar 8, 2017.

1. naeS1Sean macrumors 6502a

naeS1Sean

Are you a Trump supporter?

2. macduke macrumors G4

macduke

Because we now have a president who is a chauvinistic bastard that brags about sexually assaulting women, which is empowering men across the country to behave similarly?

3. avanpelt macrumors 68030

So sweeping generalizations are fine and anecdotal evidence is not? Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

4. naeS1Sean macrumors 6502a

naeS1Sean

Trump's win seems to have made all of these horrible mentalities acceptable and now people feel free to rant about horrific things whenever and wherever they want. It's infuriating and makes me, along with things like Vault7, want to be 95% offline and voluntarily isolated.

5. macduke macrumors G4

macduke

You mainly see the bad feminist publicity in the media. Feminist means "the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes." I'm a feminist and I'm a guy. I have a daughter and want to make sure that she grows up with the same opportunity that my son is afforded. It's not some evil conspiracy. You've been brainwashed.

6. lunarworks macrumors 68000

How many feminists have you met? Or are you just talking about the rabid extremist minority?

7. naeS1Sean macrumors 6502a

naeS1Sean

Wow!

8. avanpelt macrumors 68030

And what would you say to the 42% of women who voted that voted for Trump?

9. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

A friend of mine put it very succinctly:

I can teach my son to treat and respect your daughter fairly and properly;
    I can not teach your son to treat and respect my daughter fairly and properly.

Until we MEN get that through our heads and put aside the machismo, there will always be inequality towards women, which is why we have days like today.

BL.

10. sinsin07 macrumors 68040

Your words not mine.
    If you have something against sweeping generalizations you are free to comment on it.
    The issue which was addressed is your inane copy paste of your anecdotal experience.

11. naeS1Sean macrumors 6502a

naeS1Sean

Intellect or intelligence can not change willingly ignorant and hateful mentalities. The past few months have really shown me that. The fight really seems impossible.

12. macduke macrumors G4

macduke

But we can't! We gotta fight back twice as hard. Ten times as hard! You give in to it and we end up like the Germans. It's awful, and it's appalling, and every other horrible word I can think of. It's so frustrating. But turning away is the worst possible thing you could do. We pretty much have a duty at this point to stand up for basic human rights and rule of law. I'm not even a liberal! I feel like my party has completely gone off the rails and I don't even recognize it any more.

13. leroypants Suspended

I agree, women should be barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen baking her man a pie.

14. naeS1Sean macrumors 6502a

naeS1Sean

Nevermind

15. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Bold for emphasis.

Yes, you are a liberal:

lib'er-al, I.adjective
    1. Possessing or manifesting a free and generous heart; bountiful.
    2. Appropriate and/or fitting for a broad and enlightened mind.
    3. Free from narrowness, bigotry or bondage due to authority or creed.
    II.noun
    1. Any person who advocates liberty of thought, speech, or action.
    I'd rather be someone who can think on his own, than have a mind limited by bigotry or closemindedness. By even having the stance that you do regarding this topic, you've proven yourself to be more liberal than you think. And even more so, you're seeing a lot of the character some others here have, and it doesn't reflect well on them.

BL.

16. macduke macrumors G4

macduke

Could you imagine a world without feminism? I cannot wait. And for those who just got whooshed, I'm saying that I'm looking forward to a day where all men raise up their sons properly and there is no need for feminism. That would be fantastic. My daughter is 3 and my son is an infant, but I absolutely cannot wait to raise him up properly. To teach him the real ways of manhood—the ways that my father didn't teach me, but I largely learned from others in my life such as my grandfather and men in my church.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 8, 2017 ---
    I suppose by a dictionary definition. This seems very much like the dictionary definition of feminism vs. the crazed feminists that make the bunch look bad. Many liberals have taken the definition and soiled it. Many more conservatives have also ruined that term. I lean conservative on several issues, liberal on others. So I think of it more in a political sense, and I'm moderate. I just don't like being put in a box because I like to freely think about and accept different ideas from different groups of people, which seems like the dictionary definition of liberal. I just like to call it not-being-an-******-ism? Like hey, lots of different people have good ideas. Let's examine them on their merits, look at potential issues, see how they fit together with our current system, and compare and contrast the downsides and upsides. If it passes muster, let's roll with it, and if it turns out to be terrible, let's repeal it. Guess that's just too free-thinking for most people? I guess it's more logical to hate something without question because other people in your group don't agree with something completely unrelated that this other group also came up with. Yeah, that seems like a more difficult thing for me to accept, but then again it's a herd mentality. It's an example of small-mindedness and inability to see beyond one's own situation and issues. It requires less thought to tow a party line.

17. GreatAgain macrumors newbie

GreatAgain

Keep up the SJW BS, Apple! You'll eventually lose your good thing!

18. 2010mini macrumors 601

Did I mention feelings? Who mentioned a conspiracy?

Your post sounds eerily like those who sit on their ears. Cover their eyes and deny that racism still exists. Who believe the world should only be viewed from their narrow little corner of the world.

Facts are facts. Women are still not treated equal to men. Even in a full democratic country (society) as ours.

-They still earn less for the same jobs.
    -Are vastly under represented in Government (even though they outnumber men)
    -face higher amounts of physical attacks (EVEN IN THE MILITARY)

Just to clarify.... inequality has nothing to do with feelings.

19. ericwn macrumors 68020

You might want to look up the definition of feminism. Or maybe seek a support group for macho conspiracy theorists.

20. ericwn macrumors 68020

Sorry, you lost me there. When in recent history did the Germans give up a fight, and against what?

21. Hedwigg, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017

Hedwigg Suspended

Hedwigg

Thankfully, Apple's not going anywhere, which means their humanitarian work and fighting for what's right isn't going anywhere, either. They'll appreciate your new iPhone purchase later this year, too :)

22. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

There's a pay gap, but it doesn't take everything into account. For example, unmarried women with no kids make the same amount as men. But when they marry and have kids, the dad typically becomes the breadwinner of the household.

23. Cloudkicker macrumors 6502

Cloudkicker

I see nothing about free or discounted content.

I can celebrate Mother's Day any day I want on Netflix by seeing that sappy, manipulative Julia Roberts/Susan Sarandon movie.

Oh. Netflix is a base price, so that's not a fair comparison. I should say: Fire up my cable company's (in my case Rogers Cable) horrible set-top box, go to their primitive On-Demand & in a few clicks see what discounted Women's Day movies I can "rent" (will disappear in 36 hours).

24. Zenithal macrumors G3

You can always tell when a thread was originally not in PRSI. You get even more idiotic replies before you notice your fellow posters.

25. Cineplex macrumors 6502a

Cineplex

As two objects we are not equal. Equal implies identical, the same. That is not the case. Both sexes are different and are built in different ways. Both have different strengths and weakness. The fact that one can have babies and the other can't should clue you in that we are not equal. Even mentally we are not "equal".