Apple CEO Tim Cook: Apple's 'Ecosystem Has Never Been Stronger' and Long-Term Health Has 'Never Been Better'

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 8, 2019.

1. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

I think I do but carry on.

2. jweinraub macrumors 6502

jweinraub

Because they will be banned from ever communicating with Cook and/or other executives. Anything that embarrasses him and/or the company will not look favourable they will be blacklisted.

3. Yojimbo007 macrumors 6502a

Yojimbo007

Most of your comments are totally steming from ignorance and misinformation....and seem to have a malicious tone to them. and what u choose to call subjective on occasion are actual objective facts. ...
    So please!

4. gentlemanhog macrumors newbie

Body language? Not good. What's with those stupid chairs? SJ would never have allowed himself to be shown as weak as TC is here. He would have locked that interview right down. No doubt TC is an excellent process guy, but he's not the cool uncle. Scott Forstall. Oil your jodhpurs.

5. VMMan macrumors 6502a

LOL!
    That describes Tim’s persona perfectly!!

6. imageWIS macrumors 65816

'Ecosystem Has Never Been Stronger'

Is that why you keep on getting rid of fantastic features like MagSafe and Cover Flow? To make things 'stronger'?

7. RodDavies macrumors regular

RodDavies

Mate, China can squeeze you guys much harder than you think, or seem to think. How much debt are you into them for? How's the South CHINA Sea going for you? "Don't build islands there" you warn them. Now there's an ocean full of man made islands there. "Don't put any bases there" you warn them. Now they've got airfields and docks...

I LOVE the US, I really do, it's my favourite place to vacation. I (generally) love the culture, music, movies, cars, PEOPLE, cities, countryside, everything about the place, even it's own love of country.

But it's time as the ONLY world power, economic or otherwise, is over. China and even India will economically roll over and through you so soon it's not funny. It's not a critisism of the US - its just realistic. These countries, even Indonesia can be thrown into the economic power mix, are so huge and so 'waking up' it truly is scary. Throw into that China's military muscle and might and well, THEY can, and WILL squeeze.

8. dan110 macrumors 6502

dan110

You're mistaking "low cost" with old hardware at a reduced price. Look back to what Apple did with the iPod and first iterations of the Intel computers. They had *new* low-cost options that captivated consumers. They didn't try to rehash old tech with new colors and pawn them off as budget devices like the SE and 5C. Furthermore, those models were/are moreso intended for BRIC countries that are more price sensitive than Western nations.

9. calzon65 macrumors 6502a

calzon65

Never been better and never been stronger sounds like a Trump style comment.

10. slineaudi macrumors member

A low cost device can't be all new and still be at Apple's quality level. The iPod was the same way. Vary the storage size and the price followed. No one would buy a shuffle version of an iPhone. There were no new low-cost intel macs. Existing Macs were transitioned to have intel chips. What type of low cost device do you want Apple to make and would you buy it?

11. dan110 macrumors 6502

dan110

I'm sorry but you're not making much sense. Either you weren't around when Apple was making high quality "affordable" (ie low cost) devices or didn't understand my previous post.

12. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

Indeed Google flopped.

There are specifics from concept to inception that need to be considered:

Navigation:
    The idea that some navigation can or would be done by gestures is ideal (for efficiency). Take the computer gesture navigation that Leap, Inc created just 2-3yrs back. Implementing a similar yet much much more advanced device to detect "local"gestures that somehow will not detect normal walking and similar conversational loose hand movements will be required. Most importantly with gesture navigation, like languages, will need to be considered how some gestures or most likely MANY are NOT universal on a global scale. e.g. nodding one's head side to side (UK, Italy, Greece, N. American , and many many S. American countries) means "No" ... yet in India ... could mean " I don't understand what you're saying but I acknowledge what you're saying" may not work.

Clarity of UI:
    What is the best colours or shades in low light or bright light, direct sunlight that will be legible on the lenses for those with 20/20 or less eyesight?
    What's the best font for readability for various languages?
    What's the best spacing for text (within words or between them on a small screen where it's magified)?
    What's the best view for paralax when looking directly ahead, turning one's eyes slightly off center, or side to side, or turning one's head when wearing glasses??!
    ^This is my first year fully wearing glasses when driving or reading daily at work and I find the following:
    turning my eyes from left to the right monitor or back again has an odd paralax feeling.
    After wearing reading glasses for 8hr shift taking them off my eyes FEEL messed up (like pulled or pushed into my head).

Battery Life:
    especially for the digital glasses will be crucial for any sales to occur from the public perception. Ain't nobody going to wear a reticle with a heavy helmet.