Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Somehow how doubt that that though even enters his mind.

----------

Photoshopped. :D

LOL...
Actually Steve did wear a suit, not vary often, and combined with white sneakers :D

Gotta check into it. Maybe someone could check the Steve Jobs Online Museum; I remember a post about it, just don't remember the URL. :apple::cool:

Wondercow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Even Coca Cola, there's a different formula for every region or country. That's why it tastes different in other places.
That's not true; the formula for the concentrated syrup never changes. What does change is the local water used to dilute the concentrate, the sweetener used, and, although it's supposed to be consistent, the ratio of syrup to water.

coolspot18

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2010
Canada
it not only a booming market.

the china market could potential be on par with US.

Considering China has 3x the population, most likely a larger market than the US in 20 - 30 years (maybe 50 years).

It's a significant market no doubt about that.

In other news today...

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - A Tibetan man died on Wednesday after setting himself on fire earlier this week in New Delhi to protest Chinese rule of the Himalayan region, activists said, hours before Chinese President Hu Jintao was due to arrive in India for a summit of emerging market nations.

Tibet has been both a province and vassal of China since at least 1294. There were times when rule may have slipped, but for the most part, it has been a part of China.

It's like how Quebec is a part of Canada or Alaska/Hawaii/Putero Rico the United States.

Last edited:

hkenneth

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2011
stupid as stupid says: you deal with China, you are going in full head first into the ground. China does not respect any IP from any company. There have been numerous companies from Taiwan setting up shop in China only to have their entire operations lifted and then outsted by the govt.

You do not trust any communist country. You don't have a clue so obviously you don't understand why China is China.

China has NEVER been a communist country. And it is not capitalized either. China is an authoritarian empire from the very beginning (221 BC). Whatever its superficial ideology may look like, its intrinsic value system is always authoritarianism. Same for the other Asian countries (Japan, Korea).

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I miss Steve. There's something fishy about Tim Cook.

Sorry but steve would have been wearing turtle neck and Jeans ... thats what made him so cool.

Nice to see we're not making any totally superficial judgements.

Yeah, jeans and a turtle neck would have been cool...totally inappropriate, disrespectful and demonstrative of a completely egocentric and arrogant megalomania...but so cool.

Perhaps judgements about Cook might take a little more into account than his selection of attire.

Just a thought...:rolleyes:

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
That's not true; the formula for the concentrated syrup never changes. What does change is the local water used to dilute the concentrate, the sweetener used, and, although it's supposed to be consistent, the ratio of syrup to water.

Sorry Dude, but I know this first hand from someone who works for Coca Cola.
I even saw the different containers containing different formula combinations for their Latin-American and Caribbean market. For example, the formula for Argentina is not the same as the one for Mexico. And they keep trying different formulas until they find the one that sells the most.

And the same applies to most Sodas that are sold internationally.

Now try to assimilate that.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
Steve Jobs was an incredible, amazing genius who can never be replaced, but his need to wear exactly the same outfit every day bordered on an anal-compulsive disorder. There's a time and place for everything and when one meets with the leaders of a foreign country, it's appropriate to wear a business suit.

But what I find interesting about this Tim Cook meeting is that if you replace Tim Cook's name with Barack Obama or any senior member of the administration, it still sounds perfectly reasonable. So I use this to conclude that Apple is eventually going to take over the U.S. Government (with or without China) because between them, they practically own the U.S. anyway. :D

Really! International bankers already own the U.S.

designgeek

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2009
"Town"
The suit is nice but I still feel it clashes a bit with Apple's corporate culture. However, that part was all about steve and tim isn't steve. Doesn't matter though, and that's what's important. ;)

Wondercow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Sorry Dude, but I know this first hand from someone who works for Coca Cola.
That's second-hand. First-hand would be if you worked for them

I even saw the different containers containing different formula combinations for their Latin-American and Caribbean market.
What you saw, most likely, would be syrup for different flavours and/or brands. The standard Coke, Coca-Cola, Classic Coke, etc. is the same formula the world over.
For example, the formula for Argentina is not the same as the one for Mexico. And they keep trying different formulas until they find the one that sells the most.
This is false. There is an area in the World of Coca-Cola museum in Atlanta that discusses the production of Coke in different countries--the syrup concentrate is unvarying.

(I could also get into the whole "I know someone who ...." but I won't. I figure the World of Coke is authoritative enough.)

Now try to assimilate that.
Ah yes, the usual Internet chest-thumping.

snowfall

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2005
Perhaps judgements about Cook might take a little more into account than his selection of attire.

Just a thought...:rolleyes:

Perhaps it's more of a symbol of the changes that Apple may be going through. For me Steve Jobs represented a company view that making superb products the top priority, and he was an integral part of making that happen.

For Tim Cook is it something else?

I have no idea, maybe Steve had the same kind of business meetings with heads of state. Then again, I don't remember it making MacRumors front page either.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
That's second-hand. First-hand would be if you worked for them

What you saw, most likely, would be syrup for different flavours and/or brands. The standard Coke, Coca-Cola, Classic Coke, etc. is the same formula the world over.

This is false. There is an area in the World of Coca-Cola museum in Atlanta that discusses the production of Coke in different countries--the syrup concentrate is unvarying.

(I could also get into the whole "I know someone who ...." but I won't. I figure the World of Coke is authoritative enough.)

Ah yes, the usual Internet chest-thumping.

The person at Coca Cola I know was someone who actually had to work with the different formulas. He used to get bottles labeled by hand with different formula codes for the same Coca Cola product, and was part of a group that had to make a decision on which formula to use.
Not sure were you got your info, but I'm sure Coca Cola would want to protect their interests by not saying there's a different formula.
Anyways, what I'm talking about happened at the end of the 90's, and beginning of 2000. He retired when his division got absorbed by another division within the his company. And I used to do work for their office too. That's who I met the guy and all the other people working there.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
Just realized Steve needed a smaller belt.

Yeah. I noticed that during the launch of the iPhone 4.

During that speech, it struck me that the end of his belt appeared to have been cut off but was still much too long. And it made me think to myself, "This is a real human being, and he's painfully thin and obviously ill, yet he's trying his best to look well."

I felt real sympathy for Steve Jobs at that moment, and continued to do so every time I saw him with that trimmed belt.

Last edited:

SoGood

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
Very good sign for the company, from a business perspective. It's the right thing to do and the timing is perfect given $AAPL's current expansion status. With 51% of US household owning at least 1 Apple product, it needs fresh pasture or it'll stagnate and shrink.

ProView have also had it with it's $2B claim. It'll be all settled with a tiny fraction of what it asked for.

chirpie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
Heheheh!!! The difference it's that in the States, it's FDA approved! :D

Most of the 'Oriental' food we eat here in the U.S. has been modified to please our taste. It's not the same food being eaten where it came from.

I'm probably spoiled in this regard. My mother-in-law (from Shanghai) cooks the asian veggies grown in my back yard and has it ready when I get home from work and she even spends the day watching my kid. People think "Oh man, your mother-in-law lives with you?" But I'm like... "No man, it's great, she totally lifts the household up. 'Sides, I can't even communicate with her." ^_^;

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Tim is trying hard to step into Steve's shoes to gain Apple's fans' approval.
Respectfully I disagree.

Not only is Tim not... trying to gain "Apple Fans" approval, he doesn't have to. They're the ones that are already Apple loyalists.

It's the new & mainstream customers that he appeals too. Being hand picked by Steve, he's received the stamp of approval within Apple long ago. Highly respected by the board of directors, he exudes confidence, a very high level of intellect, as well as possessing an image of the consummate CEO.

It's these characteristics that are a major advantage as he interacts with the various heads of state, moving forward & solidifying Apples position in emerging markets.

robertjones

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2012
Looks sharp with a suit. It is a wise decision for app's development in China. As far as i know, well-established relationship with others in China makes things easier!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.