Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zenwave

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2018

During today's earnings call covering the fourth fiscal quarter of 2023, Apple executives held a Q&A session with analysts and investors. Apple CEO Tim Cook was questioned about how Apple might be able to monetize generative AI, which he of course declined to comment on, but he said that Apple is "investing quite a bit" in AI and that there are going to be product advancements that involve generative AI.

hey-siri-banner-apple.jpg

Cook said that Apple is planning to be "responsible" when it delves into generative AI technology, and he suggested that features will roll out over time. Current rumors suggest that Apple's is planning some major AI updates for 2024, some of which could use generative AI.

Reports suggest that Apple is spending billions on generative AI research and product development.

Article Link: Apple CEO Tim Cook on Generative AI: 'We're Investing Quite a Bit'
Me, in 2023, walking (using Apple Maps for walking directions): "Hey Siri, how far is it to my destination?"
Siri: "Here's what I found on the web for 'how far is it to my destination'.

I have absolutely no faith in Apple to excel in this field.

Either they've been hiring crap ML engineers, or (more likely) they've hired excellent engineers, and then tied them up with insurmountable constraints. Either way, they've created a culture of sucking at this field for quite a while now.

Reactions: Fraserpatty
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.