Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
This gives you an idea of some of the public’s perception of the iPhone nowadays.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn2oNclFaoY/

“Apple can sell a cucumber for $2000 if they wanted to”
That gives you an idea of one persons viewpoint of apple. With 240 million customers, one can't expect everybody to have the same opinion. But at least the value of the brand is recognized and this person (obviously) does not speak for the masses.

Cole Slaw

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2006
Canada
Like watching paint dry that never dries. Tim reminds me of a 50 year old fourth grade teacher who is a perpetual bachelor,lives with his mother, drives a 1988 Lebaron convertible, and wears varying colors of Members Only jackets to school sporting event because they are great singles opportunities.

Thanks for the laugh.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Somebody needs to hit em with the hard questions.

Where is air power?
Isn't a $1500 dollar phone insane?, a Phone!!
Why is your company selling outdated Mac's as old as 2013?
Why is HomePod inferior to the competition at double the price?
Why was SE discontinued and not updated?
Why was only a Million dollars donated for hurricane victims when your company is worth a Trill?
These are hard questions?

- $1500 phone? Note 9 validated the strategy.
- Air power? No comment.
- Out dated MACs? He will say they are not.
- Homepod inferior? That's your opinion.
- SE discontinued? Even I like that form factor, but I think they will release an update.
- Million dollars? If I were him, I would ask how much you have personally donated, because apple is under no obligation to donate 1 cent.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Like watching paint dry that never dries. Tim reminds me of a 50 year old fourth grade teacher who is a perpetual bachelor,lives with his mother, drives a 1988 Lebaron convertible, and wears varying colors of Members Only jackets to school sporting event because they are great singles opportunities.
Except he has taken a valuable brand and made it more valuable. Don't care about the imagery, he has accomplished what most leaders only dream of accomplishing. People don't like him, all well and dandy, but in spite of the knocks he gets on these forums, he has left his positive mark on Apple and is clear he is going nowhere.

Reactions: Solomani

ipponrg

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
That gives you an idea of one persons viewpoint of apple. With 240 million customers, one can't expect everybody to have the same opinion. But at least the value of the brand is recognized and this person (obviously) does not speak for the masses.

That same person bought the iPhone. So what this tells you, specifically, is that people will buy the iPhone and still laugh about it.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
That same person bought the iPhone. So what this tells you, specifically, is that people will buy the iPhone and still laugh about it.
My portfolio is happy as I’m sure apple’s revenue is happy. People can say what they want. Enough people have bought Apple products and services no matter what the reason to get the company to $1T.

ipponrg

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
My portfolio is happy as I’m sure apple’s revenue is happy. People can say what they want. Enough people have bought Apple products and services no matter what the reason to get the company to $1T.

Same here. Not sure what your point is here. You make it sound like you can't buy an iPhone and not laugh about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.