Apple.com /Apple Store app iPhone X/8/8 plus Pre-order and Dispatch thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KdParker, Sep 12, 2017.

?

Which Phone will you order?

1. iPhone 8

19 vote(s)
    1.2%
  2. iPhone 8 plus

60 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. iPhone X

1,527 vote(s)
    96.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Seth Matthews macrumors regular

Seth Matthews

Do you have a UPS MyChoice account?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 21, 2017 ---

Mine is week 35!

2. michial macrumors 6502

michial

Ups gave a tracking number so I requested a change to be held at the UPS distribution center for pick up. Hopefully I can get it early in the day.

3. iSummer717 macrumors member

iSummer717

Woke up to a second tracking # and “shipped” emails from Apple. I will have my phone and watch by 8am tomorrow gonna be a long day today.

4. marchrose2011 macrumors regular

My status changed to shipped on Apple 40 minutes ago! But it hasn’t left KY yet. I’m in LA so it’s not like it has to far to go JUST GET HERE ALREADY!!

5. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

My status changed and I have shipping emails. UPS tracking is showing the package as order processed, ready for UPS.

6. michial macrumors 6502

michial

I tried changing it to a local ups store but it showed me the date would change to the 25th so I opted for the distribution hub where I can pick it up 14 miles away. It’s coming from Rialto,CA to the ups hub in Redmond,WA. I hope i didn’t change it too soon, making it leave CA later. All that’s been done is “order processed ready for ups.

7. Huskieboy Suspended

Where did you see a possible date change? I picked the UPCC closest to me, where I have picked up my phones in the past and I get to the point to press accept but I don’t see a new date? Do I have to let it process first?

8. emperormacnut macrumors 6502

emperormacnut

Ordered on the 15th, chose in store pick up and my cards were charged on Sunday. Now the charges dropped off! WHY APPLE! WHYYYYYYYY! Jk. I just wish there was a little more info when you select in store pick up cause it’s been “in progress” since the 15th.

9. michial macrumors 6502

michial

Sorry to but in, when I selected to change mine from home delivery it pulled up a map on the ups website giving me options of local ups stores, local stores with pantries to pick up and the customer distribution center. When I selected the local stores and ups stores it gave me an indication it would be the 25th before finalizing. Then when I picked the ups customer distribution center it said 9/22 so I opted for that even though it’s 14 miles away. So for all changing check what it tells you before finalizing. I assume it’ll go from Ca right to the customer care for me to pick up in the am since it usually arrives early am to be loaded tondelivery trucks later in the morning.
    On the website when I selected the different options it showed me before I finalized the decision.

10. Blueline29, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017

Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Holy cow, *FINALLY* got a shipment notification this morning. I hate when the phone’s already stateside when preorders begin. Makes this week so friggin’ boring. So my phone’s been sitting in Louisville this whole time.

But anyway, YAY!

And FWIW, it’s still not showing up when I try to track by reference. I got a notification from UPS MyChoice this morning; that’s how I found out that it was on the move.

11. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

Got my tracking numbers around 3 am this morning for delivery tomorrow. :)

12. Huskieboy Suspended

Dang. I’m not seeing that before I have the option to finalize. I was in the app. Maybe it’s different on the mac

13. michial macrumors 6502

michial

I’m pretty sure you can pick it up at your local customer care center in the morning since it arrives there early to be put in delivery trucks. Instead it just stays there in the pick up area for walk in customers.

14. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

I'm WFH tomorrow. Came in today and set up my wireless charger. :D And leaving a few hours early to go see It.

That is odd. You'd think it would pop up a warning like "Changing your destination could alter your delivery date, do you want to continue?"

15. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

So I logged into UPS My Choice to see if the request went through. Since I put a request for hold for pick up. But then for some reason it showed that it would be delivered to the UPS store for pick up when I set UPS CC. So I realized that I had set a preference that all of my UPS delivers that qualifies for the redirect automatically gets rerouted to the UPS Store. Luckily the date did not change and that I would still get it on the 22nd. Anywho, I did another request to hold for pick up at UPS CC. I guess you can change again.

16. michial macrumors 6502

michial

I did it on my MacBook Pro since the app seems to be truncated on details etc.
    It does on the full website not the app.

17. xtremefx macrumors member

xtremefx

Guys i just see right now that any preorder made right now for 8+ sim free or t-mo in any GB and any Color will be delivered by Sept. 27... so i just think that there are ok with the stock of this phone for the first year....

i just don't want to think about the Xs... that will be a nightmare to get one

18. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

If you change it to a UPS customer center when do you pick it up? When they first open? Or do they email or text you when it's available?

19. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I think you can check the tracking page usually says ready for pick up (well for Fedex that is), I don't recall for UPS. But I think you can pick it up anytime after 8 am.

20. nyisles84 macrumors regular

Quick question for anyone who may have done this in past releases. I'm hoping, like I am sure everyone else to get the X on release day. I am going to be traveling out of state for business on release day. If I manage to get in the preorder miraculously on the 27th, can I select the Apple Store near me for pickup? I am doing iPhone Upgrade Plan (already enrolled for past 2 years) Or do you think this extra step may not be worth it and just do it for shipping to my home and having my wife sign for it.

21. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Having mine delivered to my local ups store. Delivery still says the 9/22. I’ve done this plenty times before and had no issues getting things on time.

22. dwfaust, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017

dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Absolutely amazing. Who’d have expected that? :)

/S

23. Nvrendr macrumors member

Is anyone else not able to request a delivery window for the UPS delivery tomorrow?

24. digitalexplr macrumors regular

digitalexplr

Got my notice around 5 this morning. It’s coming via FedEx tomorrow.

25. Zaned303 macrumors regular

Zaned303

I guess I’m old school waiting on the driver tomorrow lol vs flipping to hold at the center.. while I wait I Picked up Mophie Charge Force pad and Juice Pack Case 8+ for travels and the UAG case and the new Mophie quick charge pad for office well see if anything makes the cut. They started preorder on the new Mophie quick charge pad FYI Well be a long day of waiting BUT fun waiting