Apple.com - can't ship to a different address besides CC Billing address?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GizmoDVD, Oct 7, 2011.

1. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

Anyone have any luck? It only allows me to pick my Billing Address and not the proper Shipping address. WTF?

2. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Im on Verizon, It let me pick my own addresses.

3. jacinto45 macrumors member

I'm in the same boat. Ordering an ATT phone. The confirmation page has links for Edit Cart, Edit Payment, Edit Shipping, but the Edit Shipping link is grayed out, with my billing address apparently locked in. Oh well, might have to drive to a store.

4. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Call Apple. Unless something changed from last year with iPhone. As I did then, you can just call CS and they'll update the address for you.

5. GhostMac24 macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

To avoid all that I went to my apple account, my bank account (CC), and my att account and changed my billing address from my PO BOX to my home address. Then, when the phones arrive next Friday I will go back and change all back to my PO BOX.

Wasn't taking a chance of them declining my order since it states that will only ship to the billing address and that they will not ship to a PO BOX.

Took me all of about 10 minutes to make all those changes and then go in and order two phones for myself and my wife.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

They should not ship to any other address than the CC billing address. I don't know why that would surprise anyone.

7. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

I'm in the same boat as well. I even went into my Apple Account and changed my address, but it wouldn't let me ship it to a different address even though the default is my mothers address. I just ordered through Apple and am hoping the phone arrives before I leave for the weekend, or I'll just sign the paper that says to keep it at the UPS/Fed Ex facility for me to pick up on Monday.

Called my local AT&T store, which took forever to get through to and the girl said that I have to go into the store to pre-order in order to pick up in the store. She then told me that there's a 2-3 week wait for pre-orders through AT&T.

8. mattwallace24 macrumors regular

I simply went to the att.com website, changed my billing address in their system, and then went back to apple.com and the new address from the att.com system showed up as my new shipping address.

I actually had an old address with AT&T in the system, so no need for me to switch it back after my order. However, if you simply want to direct your iPhone to a temporary address, you can always change your address in the att.com system, place your order, and then go back to att.com and update your address.

9. CJLevinsk22 macrumors member

CJLevinsk22

That's what I did too. No issues.

-Chris

10. fastfinger macrumors member

I changed my AT&T billing address to my work address before ordering and it went through fine. But you said CC billing right. Is your credit card company rejecting it? That used to happen to me until I put my work address as an alternate.

11. vladtheimpaler macrumors regular

vladtheimpaler

I did the exact same thing and everything went smoothly. I too will change it back next week.

12. Jack Dangers macrumors regular

I ordered mine from the apple store app and it let me ship to a different address. I better call later to make sure it's not an issue.

13. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

its based on the billing address you have listed with your carrier. Change it over to where you want it shipped for the next week...once you get the phone, change it back

14. clamz macrumors member

clamz

i just got off the phone with a super nice lady from apple who said that they offer a one-time exception to the billing=shipping address conundrum. just give them a call and they'll take care of it.

15. bmms8 macrumors 68020

im on the phone with ATT as we speak and they are able to change the address for me!

16. GizmoDVD thread starter macrumors 65816

So I changed the Billing Address on at&t. Went back through Apples 'reservation' link, and it still has my original address on file.

----------

1-800-MY-APPLE is "unable to take my call at this time".

17. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

What number did you call? Every dimwit I speak with says they can't do it!

18. MrMoore macrumors 6502

I noticed that too.

:(

When I pre-order the phone through the Apple Store, it did not allow me to change the shipping address. For other information like payment method, you could click a link to change. The shipping link was grayed out.

19. bmms8 macrumors 68020

luckily i spoke with michelle williams.

20. GizmoDVD thread starter macrumors 65816

I just started a new order from scratch and it worked. Looked like Apple was not pulling the AT&T information after the initial reservation. Whatever, still the 14th.

21. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

I got a Macbook Air from the US apple online store with a Turkish credit card(visa tho) and i made them ship it to a US address, i entered the billing address the same as shipping address even tho credit card had nothing to do with that address. And all went well.

How did that happen?

22. fercho96 macrumors newbie

Dear Emir, i am also planning to buy or pre order something on the apple US online store but ive got my credit card billing address outside the US, and i set my account with a billing address same as the shipping address where i want the product to be sent (in the US), and i was wondering if they would accept me in checkout. Now that ive read your comment i feel a little bit more relaxed, but im still not sure about it, didnt the page ask you for anything else? Did u just proceed and shipped email was sent to you?

23. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I feel like this is an old issue. I have bought many things..including a new laptop a few months ago, and it always lets me pick whatever shipping address I want. My billing address and shipping are two different ones.

24. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Either register the new address with your CC or order then call apple and change the shipping address.

25. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Why did you resurrect a thread from LAST YEAR'S launch????